Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 48zip View Post
    Again, you are assuming all donors buy max tickets. They don't. Some don't buy any. Some may buy fewer! DOes your "data" address any of that?
    I asked two different people in the Hokie Club office and they said the vast majority of people buy their entire allotment - especially at the upper levels.

Quote Originally Posted by 100%Hokie View Post
    I asked two different people in the Hokie Club office and they said the vast majority of people buy their entire allotment - especially at the upper levels.
    You asked this week? The entirepoint of the OP is that some are frustrated with the process and the lack of knowing where their seats are. I understand what you say may be true for the past, but it's different this year. That's the point the OP was making.

Your "flat out wrong" comment seems a bit harsh, IMHO.
    I will never understand people.
    They're the worst!

true, but it is definetly a factor in the people not coming to games

Quote Originally Posted by 48zip View Post
    You asked this week? The entirepoint of the OP is that some are frustrated with the process and the lack of knowing where their seats are. I understand what you say may be true for the past, but it's different this year. That's the point the OP was making.

Your "flat out wrong" comment seems a bit harsh, IMHO.
    I asked once in late December and again around the third week of February.

I certainly didn't mean to seem harsh. I just think people tend to ignore some obvious facts and give more weight to hearsay from a few people. I think the reality is that the HokieClub was floored by this round of fundraising and it exceeded their expectations. I think it is kind of crazy to think people are going to give thousands of dollars to the HokieClub and then not buy tickets. Next year will be the big opportunity to move up as people will drop tickets after they find their new location this year.

I think the people that will improve their position this year will be: 1) first time ticket holders (duh), 2) people that increased contributions and moved up significantly in the rankings (i.e. far enough in the rankings to account for the fact that there are now 1,760 people that can buy six tickets), 3) people at the very tail end of the rankings (i.e. below Bronze Hokie) - this is the area where we may see some drop off this year if people don't renew.

There aren't "a lot" of donors that aren't buying tickets, trust me. And those at the top levels of giving, the cost of season tickets is miniscule compared to what they are donating. They keep their tickets to hand out to friends and family, business cohorts, etc. Some might even give them to family or friends to re-sell for a pure profit. Some folks are just that "comfortable".
    Quote Originally Posted by GalaxHokie22 View Post
    ...but at least that makes me feel pretty good that I'll have my own seats for the first time! I've been buying off another Hokie Club member for three years and finally needed an extra ticket, so I had to dive in this year and try to get my own. Looks like I picked a good year to make the jump! Hopefully more Hokies renewed at the last minute, but if not I'm sure we'll still sell out if it goes open to the public...
    GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by techcutter View Post
    Agreed. I am a Golden Hokie who substantially increased his giving last year and yet my priority score increased (became worse: not better). That would suggest a great deal of interest.

There's not a substantial increase in interest. What there is - is the Golden Hokies & above have strongly committed to enhanced giving. Below Silver level, most people are giving up and dropping out. Thus, you've got a barbell shaped donor map.

Quote Originally Posted by 100%Hokie View Post
    I asked once in late December and again around the third week of February.

I certainly didn't mean to seem harsh. I just think people tend to ignore some obvious facts and give more weight to hearsay from a few people. I think the reality is that the HokieClub was floored by this round of fundraising and it exceeded their expectations. I think it is kind of crazy to think people are going to give thousands of dollars to the HokieClub and then not buy tickets. Next year will be the big opportunity to move up as people will drop tickets after they find their new location this year.

I think the people that will improve their position this year will be: 1) first time ticket holders (duh), 2) people that increased contributions and moved up significantly in the rankings (i.e. far enough in the rankings to account for the fact that there are now 1,760 people that can buy six tickets), 3) people at the very tail end of the rankings (i.e. below Bronze Hokie) - this is the area where we may see some drop off this year if people don't renew.
    Are we talking dollars or numbers of donors? 2 diff things -- did the TOTAL number of donors go up, or just the TOTAL amount of $ ...or both? And - we will just have to see if those in the Golden and above levels actually bought tickets and how many.... I figure for me I'll be about 6-10 rows from where I've been in the past, to the "negative", which isn't too bad for me, I don't think

Look, I renewed two sets of tickets late last Thursday - the day before the cutoff for renewals...
    One of the sets related to season tickets dating back to 1967 (1 yr short of being ruled as pioneer
    status (which would have guaranteed automatic renewal of westside sec 18(next to last section on press box side) tunnel height seats ( i.e. we walk up tunnel & sit down without having to climb stairs) this is important due to a 90+ yr old family member who still likes to go. We selected these seats during the last reseating for this very reason...section 18 was best we could get at that time. Other than church, its one of the few things they have remaining to enjoy (most of their friends & family members have passed on)

Despite increasing donation & club status of both sets, we were concerned about losing this access. This this person is not handicapped - their age is catching up with them. Due to the longevity of this persons tickets, they will be again selecting their seats relatively high in the order -with
    the stair avoidance being the key issue.

As I detailed.... I spoke with another gentleman renewing ahead of me who mentioned he knew many were not reordering. When we renewed both sets, we told the agent of our concerns and what the gentlemen had told us. We discussed not renewing one set if they felt the odds for tunnel height option not good We were told by the agent that many were upset about the reseating process and indicated they would not renew.

I said some could still come in within the last 24 hrs. The agent indicated they would either have to do so online , come in person, or be in their hands by the next day....that postmarks weren't going to be accepted for the cutoff.

While they couldn't guarantee anything, the agent indicated they felt the longterm tickets (3rd in selection order) would have an opportunity to get a lot better seats (than current section 18) based upon expected attrition, club level status, and season ticket longevity.

I passed this along to people who might think that decent season tickets were probably out of the question --- that if any season t's were available - the location would likely be up up in corners or in the endzone. We decided to renew both....go thru selection process.. and sell
    (what should be decent seats) if we can't accomodate or figure out a way to accomodate the elderly ticket holder.

in your specific situation, you probably do have an opportunity to upgrade or at least get the same seats because you pick before the first Golden Hokie. I would expect all of section 6 to section 16 to be filled by Platinum and above (except for high triple letters in 6 and 16). I think Goldens under 2,000 in priority will start to fill in sect 4 and 18, but you'll get to pick before them.

Quote Originally Posted by dna-vt View Post
    Look, I renewed two sets of tickets late last Thursday - the day before the cutoff for renewals...
    One of the sets related to season tickets dating back to 1967 (1 yr short of being ruled as pioneer
    status (which would have guaranteed automatic renewal of westside sec 18(next to last section on press box side) tunnel height seats ( i.e. we walk up tunnel & sit down without having to climb stairs) this is important due to a 90+ yr old family member who still likes to go. We selected these seats during the last reseating for this very reason...section 18 was best we could get at that time. Other than church, its one of the few things they have remaining to enjoy (most of their friends & family members have passed on)

Despite increasing donation & club status of both sets, we were concerned about losing this access. This this person is not handicapped - their age is catching up with them. Due to the longevity of this persons tickets, they will be again selecting their seats relatively high in the order -with
    the stair avoidance being the key issue.

As I detailed.... I spoke with another gentleman renewing ahead of me who mentioned he knew many were not reordering. When we renewed both sets, we told the agent of our concerns and what the gentlemen had told us. We discussed not renewing one set if they felt the odds for tunnel height option not good We were told by the agent that many were upset about the reseating process and indicated they would not renew.

I said some could still come in within the last 24 hrs. The agent indicated they would either have to do so online , come in person, or be in their hands by the next day....that postmarks weren't going to be accepted for the cutoff.

While they couldn't guarantee anything, the agent indicated they felt the longterm tickets (3rd in selection order) would have an opportunity to get a lot better seats (than current section 18) based upon expected attrition, club level status, and season ticket longevity.

I passed this along to people who might think that decent season tickets were probably out of the question --- that if any season t's were available - the location would likely be up up in corners or in the endzone. We decided to renew both....go thru selection process.. and sell
    (what should be decent seats) if we can't accomodate or figure out a way to accomodate the elderly ticket holder.

The total number of donors above Golden has basically doubled since the last reseating...and each of those is really 1.5 members because they can pick 6 tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by TD-Tech View Post
    Are we talking dollars or numbers of donors? 2 diff things -- did the TOTAL number of donors go up, or just the TOTAL amount of $ ...or both? And - we will just have to see if those in the Golden and above levels actually bought tickets and how many.... I figure for me I'll be about 6-10 rows from where I've been in the past, to the "negative", which isn't too bad for me, I don't think