Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Just a general heads up to those perhaps longing for season tics......renewal of ...

season tickets by previous seat holders ENDED LAST FRIDAY.

I went in person late last Thurs. Another long time season ticket holder was ahead of me. He told me he knew many people who were not going to renew their tickets due to various issues - primarily the aggrevation, $ Competition, and uncertainty of the reseating process.

After he left, I spoke with an agent concerning reseating concerns & picking order -having purchased season tickets for 44 yrs. The agent said we would have great opportunity to greatly improve seating location. I quieried as to why - mentioning my conversation with the previous customer. The agent agreed--- a lot of longtime holders really angry about the bidding war the reseating process invokes , the uncertainty of process, the schedule, etc....... I mentioned they still had 24 hrs for orders to come in. She indicated they must be in office by end of following day.... postmarks did not count. She felt people would be surprised at how good their selection options will be.

Sooo.....heres your chance. Once the renewers select their seats, a lot of first timers are going to have the opportunity for great seat locations.

I hate to hear that a lot of people aren't buying tickets...

Quote Originally Posted by dna-vt View Post

I went in person late last Thurs. Another long time season ticket holder was ahead of me. He told me he knew many people who were not going to renew their tickets due to various issues - primarily the aggrevation, $ Competition, and uncertainty of the reseating process.

After he left, I spoke with an agent concerning reseating concerns & picking order -having purchased season tickets for 44 yrs. The agent said we would have great opportunity to greatly improve seating location. I quieried as to why - mentioning my conversation with the previous customer. The agent agreed--- a lot of longtime holders really angry about the bidding war the reseating process invokes , the uncertainty of process, the schedule, etc....... I mentioned they still had 24 hrs for orders to come in. She indicated they must be in office by end of following day.... postmarks did not count. She felt people would be surprised at how good their selection options will be.

Sooo.....heres your chance. Once the renewers select their seats, a lot of first timers are going to have the opportunity for great seat locations.

...but at least that makes me feel pretty good that I'll have my own seats for the first time! I've been buying off another Hokie Club member for three years and finally needed an extra ticket, so I had to dive in this year and try to get my own. Looks like I picked a good year to make the jump! Hopefully more Hokies renewed at the last minute, but if not I'm sure we'll still sell out if it goes open to the public...
    Let's GO!! HOKIES!!

Not saying you are wrong but

Quote Originally Posted by dna-vt View Post

That really doesnt make sense since in December alone, the Hokie Club had a record month, I think it was like $14M just in December alone... if that amount isnt right, it was a record whatever the amount is. Seems like people were giving in hopes of better seats. Maybe it was mainly Golds and higher so the volume was up and that is the explanation. Will be interesting to see what they announce.

its the economy, and it is hitting all sports teams

Agreed. I am a Golden Hokie who substantially increased his giving last year and yet my priority score increased (became worse: not better). That would suggest a great deal of interest.

Quote Originally Posted by techcutter View Post
    Agreed. I am a Golden Hokie who substantially increased his giving last year and yet my priority score increased (became worse: not better). That would suggest a great deal of interest.
    Hmmm...I'm a silver who slightly increased donation last year and I fell 300 spots. Maybe it is all the goldens who bumped up.

But even after giving my donation last year I almost didn't renew for a variety of reasons. Finally renewed at around 6:00pm the last day.

I am a Golden Hokie and long time season ticket holder who did not review. Just got tired of them continuously upping the ante. It was a hard decision but I decided I can enjoy the game just as much in my comfortable chair at home with my big screen TV and lots of grub and drinks nearby. So, if there are others like me, there probably will be season tickets for first timers. Enjoy!

Whoops! Meant "renew" not "review"

yep, the downside of having almost all games available on tv or the internet. but everyone knew this would be happening, sooner or later they will start limiting teams appearances on tv or internet to keep attendance up at arenas.

Quote Originally Posted by GFallsFan View Post
    Hmmm...I'm a silver who slightly increased donation last year and I fell 300 spots. Maybe it is all the goldens who bumped up.

But even after giving my donation last year I almost didn't renew for a variety of reasons. Finally renewed at around 6:00pm the last day.
    FWIW, I'm silver and increased and bumped UP about 300 spots. I must've hit some landmark on the totals or consecutive years or something...
    Last edited by Bleedin OandM; Wed Mar 07 2012 at 10:54 AM.
    GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!