Page 1 of 16 123456711 ... LastLast

Greenberg averaged 21.8 wins and 9-7 ACC record the last five years before this year.

We've had a disaapointing year after losing over 60% of our scoring, rebounding and assists to graduation.

I've talked to some other College BBall fans and they think we're crazy to talk about firing Seth. They say we're overreacting because of one bad season that could be seen as a rebuilding year.
    I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the screaming passengers in his car.

Quote Originally Posted by YBYSAIAHokie View Post
    We've had a disaapointing year after losing over 60% of our scoring, rebounding and assists to graduation.

I've talked to some other College BBall fans and they think we're crazy to talk about firing Seth. They say we're overreacting because of one bad season that could be seen as a rebuilding year.

You know what's going to be brought up here don't you?

100% correct. Who do we want to replace him? Ricky Stokes?

Give this recruiting class time. We're going to be a 1 in every 2-3 year NCAA team if we let Seth keep recruiting and building....and that's a significant improvement. Anyone wanting to fire Seth needs to watch some tape of our teams the 3 years prior to his arrival.

Yes, and if we made the NCAA tourney every 2-3 years, they'd complain that we never make the Sweet Sixteen. Then if we made the Sweet Sixteen 1 out of 4-5 years, they'd complain we never make the Final Four...and so on...and so on...and so on.

You know, it wasn't long ago when many of them were praising Weaver for finding and hiring Greenberg and screaming at him to 'lock up' Greenberg with a long-term contract so other schools wouldn't lure him away.

Quote Originally Posted by vthokieq View Post
    You know what's going to be brought up here don't you?
    I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather, not like the screaming passengers in his car.

Had not followe the team closely and was surprised at how well Raines played last night - if he gets his free throw percentage up he could be a real problem for opponents next year. DFS looking much better too. We should be top 25 next year if we get anything out of our freshmen post players. Probably one good scoring post away from top 15. Seth has done an amazing job to keep us (up to this year) fourth in a very good hoops conference. Not sure what other fans expected given how low the program had sunk.

How does Seth suddenly go to an NCAA every other year, or so, from his 1 of 9 at VT, and 3 of 22 career? The future looks bright for the VT freshmen and incoming freshmen, but UVA, NCSU, Maryland, Clemson, BC, and Miami have all recently made good hires. NCSU just signed 3 hamburger boys. UNC and Duke will always be at the top

Quote Originally Posted by HokieKick'nBack View Post
    We should be top 25 next year if we get anything out of our freshmen post players. Probably one good scoring post away from top 15.
    Oh my. It's probably a good idea to start ratcheting down those expectations now so you'll be ready for next season.

You're at about a "here"
    ...and I need you at about a "here."
    There's a difference between a "fact" and an "opinion that you agree with."

same thing was said with the 07 class. Didn't happen and this class is not as good

Quote Originally Posted by hokiepro View Post
    100% correct. Who do we want to replace him? Ricky Stokes?

Give this recruiting class time. We're going to be a 1 in every 2-3 year NCAA team if we let Seth keep recruiting and building....and that's a significant improvement. Anyone wanting to fire Seth needs to watch some tape of our teams the 3 years prior to his arrival.

Yes, and if we made the NCAA tourney every 2-3 years, they'd complain that we never make the Sweet Sixteen. Then if we made the Sweet Sixteen 1 out of 4-5 years, they'd complain we never make the Final Four...and so on...and so on...and so on.
    And the moral is....don't have any standards?
    When replying to a specific post, use Reply With Quote

Tallahassee, FL (Tallahassee is a native American word meaning Old Town.from the mound at Lake Jaxon

It appears to me, that the reason for so much Hokie basketball angst is the apparent success of the hoo boys coupled with the improvements at da u and uncs with the advent of new coaches. Losing at bc did not help. Plus all of these close games that we coulda, shoulda, didn't win.
    How bout dem HOKIES!