View Poll Results: You can only do 1

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Go watch a Sunday finish at Augusta National

3 30.00%
  • Play Pebble (or whichever)

7 70.00%

Lounge hackers...a poll re: famous course envy

So, lets say you're like me and neither of the following options seem all that likely. AnywayS...you can do one and only one before you die... either be a patron at Augusta for a Sunday round, or PLAY a round at you're favorite PGA tour course that you could actually play (Pebble, Cog Hill, TPC Sawgrass, whatever). Which do you choose?

Quote Originally Posted by JoesterVT View Post
    So, lets say you're like me and neither of the following options seem all that likely. AnywayS...you can do one and only one before you die... either be a patron at Augusta for a Sunday round, or PLAY a round at you're favorite PGA tour course that you could actually play (Pebble, Cog Hill, TPC Sawgrass, whatever). Which do you choose?
    Play for sure, but instead of a PGA course, one of the British Open Courses in Scotland.

oohh....tru dat. I'm all in for a trip around The Old Course.

Play!!

I prefer to play than to watch live. PGA is better on TV. I have had the chance to do both at Pinehurst Number 2. I've played it and I've watched the US Open there (although Thursday rather than Sunday).
    I don't always talk to UVa Grads but when I do I always order the Large Fries.

Oh, absolutely play...

always been one of my mantras, Super bowl on tv or someone calls and wants to put in a couple hours of tennis? I'll go play tennis. Exceptions to any rule of course and you should be able to work it out so you can do both, but when I'm watching something my biggest question is what is that like? I don't play golf but for arguments sake, I'd rather be on the green seeing what it's like to make that putt - just the feel even - than watch someone, granted, far better than myself do it.

'lag
    For 26 laps back in the spring of 1960, he was BEHIND me, right there in my rearview mirror, that red, white and blue STP: James Massey (characterized in a song by Wild Ponies)

I find the limitations terribly restrictive. I can only do one? Why not none?

I have always wanted to play St Andrews...so much golf history!

Substitute Cypress Point for Pebble and it's even more of a no brainer.
    It's a formidable scent... It stings the nostrils. In a good way.

Of all the golfing Major venues, I'd take ANY Open championship (British) venue over ANY other venue.

My opinion is...

Any 'British' Open locale
    Any US Open locale
    Augusta National (the open under the pines would help my wayward tee shots)
    Pebble Beach
    Pinehurst (I've played 6 of the courses before, I'd love to play them again, if it was free...)
    Whispering Straits, to see if I could stay out of the 'bunkers'

What? PGA locale? What? I can't hear the sound of inconsequence...
    Last edited by crooked road; Fri Mar 02 2012 at 10:52 AM.