Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

If you don't get it, you don't get it. No judgements. The thing is - pastoral setting, almost reverential. Natural beauty at its' peak all around you. Complete and total relaxation, if you embrace it.

You don't like golf? You don't like the 'mecca' of golf? You don't find interest in tradition dripping from every pore of a locale?

That's cool.

Why take the time to insult it, though? Why not just ignore and move 'beyond'?

Quote Originally Posted by VTUD View Post
    Hey,I have a VT ball marker!

I've got one, too. I got a ball marker and shirt when I visited the US Open in '99. I had the luck to play there one year later, and I loaded up. The shirts were no longer $120, they were a much more 'reasonable' $80. I bought a cap, two shirts, a ball marker, a repair tool, and a couple of logo balls.

I'll say this - I barely managed to break 100 playing from the white tees.

At least I can say I played the course, and in double digits, LOL!

Shun!
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

I got picked in the lottery for 4 practice round tickets for Wednesday. Got them

in the mail yesterday. My plans are not working out like I had hoped so I may end up trying to sell them. I really want to go but it's just turning into a big headache to work it all out. If anyone's interested send me an email,
    capthokie@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by VTUD View Post
    Speaking of golf Mecca, I am thinking about going to Scotland for the 2013 British Open. However, it is not at St Andrews.
    Scotland is another trip I'd like to take....

Quote Originally Posted by WestyHokie View Post
    I will never understand the fascination with Augusta, or any golf course.
    Then you've never seen it, or you are a big golf fan...not everybody is!

Quote Originally Posted by crooked road View Post
    If you don't get it, you don't get it. No judgements. The thing is - pastoral setting, almost reverential. Natural beauty at its' peak all around you. Complete and total relaxation, if you embrace it.

You don't like golf? You don't like the 'mecca' of golf? You don't find interest in tradition dripping from every pore of a locale?

That's cool.

Why take the time to insult it, though? Why not just ignore and move 'beyond'?
    #1... If on the other hand, you DO appreciate or like that kind of thing, it is unparalleled and you described it well.

Quote Originally Posted by capthokee View Post
    in the mail yesterday. My plans are not working out like I had hoped so I may end up trying to sell them. I really want to go but it's just turning into a big headache to work it all out. If anyone's interested send me an email,
    capthokie@hotmail.com
    Hey capthokee..I tried to send you an e-mail about those Wednesday practice round tickets..it got returned undeliverable.. If you'd like to discuss at all, e-mail me at rfritter1@verizon.net... I'm interested. After having gone, I can't imagine not going back this year....

Sorry, wrong email address. It's capthokee@hotmail.com

I played Pinehurst #2 once and shot 127.
    I must have snuck in a secret extra 9 by mistake.
    Quote Originally Posted by crooked road View Post
    I've got one, too. I got a ball marker and shirt when I visited the US Open in '99. I had the luck to play there one year later, and I loaded up. The shirts were no longer $120, they were a much more 'reasonable' $80. I bought a cap, two shirts, a ball marker, a repair tool, and a couple of logo balls.

I'll say this - I barely managed to break 100 playing from the white tees.

At least I can say I played the course, and in double digits, LOL!