Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Looks like I will be able to finally visit Augusta National. My daughter entered the

lottery for Masters practice round tickets and was able to get 4. My wife,daughter,son,and I are going to the practice round on April 2. A once in a lifetime opportunity! I`m going to soak it all in.

Quote Originally Posted by VTUD View Post
    lottery for Masters practice round tickets and was able to get 4. My wife,daughter,son,and I are going to the practice round on April 2. A once in a lifetime opportunity! I`m going to soak it all in.
    Very cool. It's beautiful, and it's a lot more hilly than it looks on TV. Augusta itself is kind of a dump.
    "Knowledge is good"

--Emil Faber, 1904

[QUOTE=reestuart;242073]Very cool. It's beautiful, and it's a lot more hilly than it looks on TV. Augusta itself is kind of a dump.[/QUOTE

Yes, Augusta is a dump. I used to go there on business. The interesting thing was that you could drive by Augusta National,but you could never see the course because of the high shrubs/fences. They really like their privacy.

Congrats, and be sure to endure the lines in the gift shop for some souvenirs that you can flash when you're at the local course in the future.

'What's this? Oh, yeah, I picked that up when I was at Augusta...'
    'This ball marker? Yeah, I got that when I was at Augusta...'
    'My bag tag? Yeah, got that my last time at Augusta...'

I'd be an Augusta whore with stuff like that. I'd get a cap and shirt, just 'cause. But caps and shirts wear out, the 'little' stuff like ball markers, repair tools, bag tags, they can last decades. I went to the '99 US Open, and got a ball marker I still use. I'll use it as long as I play golf and don't lose it.

I'm jealous. And shun.
    Where in the world is PhotoHokieNC?

Quote Originally Posted by reestuart View Post
    Very cool. It's beautiful, and it's a lot more hilly than it looks on TV. Augusta itself is kind of a dump.
    Agree Augusta isn't much. Last year on the advice of someone on TSL, my buddy and I went to Aiken, SC just up the road for dinner one night to a fantastic bistro. Don't remember the name, but Google Aiken restaurants. It's a very quaint little town.

It is more beautiful than you can imagine..TV does NOT do it justice!! I have been fortunate to go the past few years (to the tournament rounds). It looks like I will not be able to go this year; and although I'm extremely grateful for the opportunity, I'm broken-hearted that I won't be going this year...Once you've been (practice round or otherwise), you'll know what I'm talkingn about!!

Have a great trip to Golf Mecca!

Congrats! I went to my first Masters in 2007. When I went back last year, I was amazed to see that ANCG had bought up all the houses in an ENTIRE NEIGHBORHOOD, tore them down and built a parking lot. They do things on a scale that's unbelievable.

I will never understand the fascination with Augusta, or any golf course.
    "I did not achieve this position in life by having some snot-nosed punk on The Lounge leave my cheese out in the wind." - WestyHokie

[QUOTE=VTUD;242139]
    Quote Originally Posted by reestuart View Post
    Very cool. It's beautiful, and it's a lot more hilly than it looks on TV. Augusta itself is kind of a dump.[/QUOTE

Yes, Augusta is a dump. I used to go there on business. The interesting thing was that you could drive by Augusta National,but you could never see the course because of the high shrubs/fences. They really like their privacy.
    While the club still hidden, it's a little hard to miss the lot they made next door buy BUYING a neighborhood and tearing down all the houses.. Talked to a guy one year who had one of those houses. They paid him $2.1M (he said it was a 3BR rancher rental he owned)and 4 Master Badges for life... he said the Badges sealed the deal for him!!!....nice!!!