Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by ReffinHokie View Post
    I love how Len Elmore shows how clueless he was even way back then. "I don't know if he did it on purpose or not."

Mr. Elmore, I think you were the only one who didn't know if it was on purpose, and that does not surprise me.

How does Laetner not get ejected and suspended for at least one subsequent game?

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie'79 View Post
    If you live in a glass house, you shouldn't cast stones.
    yup, how about JJ taking a shot at Deron's nuts?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F9ww5sd21bY
    "The Hokies won an outright ACC championship during their first year in the conference. That's a feat Tech's in-state neighbor to the north has never accomplished in 52 seasons. For the record, it took Tech 12 weeks."

Quote Originally Posted by VTHOKIE2012 View Post
    Actually, I am a Hokie and Raines taunting pissed me off.....

In the context of the game....there was NO TIME for taunting. Not to mention it is extremely inappropriate and could have cost us a technical foul. Sure when it happened I was all "OOOOHHHH take that Duke" but as soon as I saw the taunt and Raines not hustling down the court to contribute to his team, I immediately I became pretty pissed.

Anyone share similar feelings??
    No

They should shut up and enjoy the win.

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburger View Post
    They should shut up and enjoy the win.
    they gotta deflect somehow from the fact that we almost beat them. It's highly unacceptable to them that we can even compete.
    "The Hokies won an outright ACC championship during their first year in the conference. That's a feat Tech's in-state neighbor to the north has never accomplished in 52 seasons. For the record, it took Tech 12 weeks."

please, Raines is playing big boy basketball lilke the Big East big 10 or Big 12 play

In the context of the game....there was NO TIME for taunting. Not to mention it is extremely inappropriate and could have cost us a technical foul. Sure when it happened I was all "OOOOHHHH take that Duke" but as soon as I saw the taunt and Raines not hustling down the court to contribute to his team, I immediately I became pretty pissed.

If you complaining bout tick tack whimp ball like that princeton style that richmond, wake, or gt (or even VA ) plays, that is NOT championship NCAA basketball. Physical in your face tough basketball gets is the receipt for championships. I applause VT in going right back at Duke. Sorry Duke is not any more privileged than any other program.

I didn't see the taunt. Anyone have a link?

I love it! The fact we can get into their head and raise such emotion. Who would have thought this was possible eight years ago. This is the up most sign of respect in my opinion.

Not really, While you have some valid points, it was Duke - I enjoyed it.

I didn't see the taunt. I saw him enjoy what he'd just done. I only wish he'd done that about 20 minutes earlier.
    The universe is a big place, perhaps the biggest.
    ~Kilgore Trout