Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

For those who wear glasses, at what age did you start?

Anyone here over 40 that doesn't wear them? I bought a cheap pair of +1s, I think, a few years ago but rarely use them, although when I broke them out today I saw a noticeable difference. Wife says there's a certain "hot nerd" factor to them, so I've got that going for me.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieMacDaddy View Post
    For those who wear glasses, at what age did you start?
    entering 4th grade

Anyone here over 40 that doesn't wear them? I bought a cheap pair of +1s, I think, a few years ago but rarely use them, although when I broke them out today I saw a noticeable difference. Wife says there's a certain "hot nerd" factor to them, so I've got that going for me.
    47 for a slight astigmatism, no restriction on my Aviation Medical Certificate. Just before I turned 48, I was 20/15 at my semi-annual flight physical. 6 months later I barely flunked my eye exam, 20/30 in 1 eye, and am now required to wear corrective lens. I'll be 51 in 2 months.
    Absolutely, Positively Topic View!

Important Lounge information - click here!

About 11.
    I believe in giving everyone the respect they are due - whether they like it or not.

2nd grade. Started wearing contacts when I hit 8th though. Rarely wear glass anymore....unless I want people to think I'm smart.

Quote Originally Posted by CSSVT View Post
    2nd grade. Started wearing contacts when I hit 8th though. Rarely wear glass anymore....unless I want people to think I'm smart.
    I wear specs the 2 or 3 days a month I can stay home and switch the new contacts.

I don't remember when I didn't wear glasses. I've never been able to wear contacts and my eyes aren't lasikable.
    I only post using 100% recycled electrons.

Well I've been to one world fair, a picnic, and a rodeo and that's the stupidest thing I ever heard come over a set of earphones.

16. Ah I wish I could be young again and know what I know now...

In 4th grade my teacher noticed I was squinting. Got glasses and on way home I sat in back seat since my aunt was with us. I put my head back because I didn't know there were individual leaves at the top of trees. Was a hard contact wearer in high school and college. They always bothered me. I knew I was having a good time at a party as soon as I couldn't feel them anymore.

Wore soft lenses after that till present time. My vision is corrected so well, that I don't think I would consider Lasik.

Rx of -5.00 stayed same until recently. For past 3 years, it's been improving in each eye. Now I'm down to -4.00 and -4.25. Eye doc is a little baffled.