Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by HokieMacDaddy View Post
    Hey shirthead, reading comprehension much? I'm not disrespecting anyone. He's helped me on projects before and didn't charge me - I didn't offer and he didn't ask. I had no idea then this was his job - he's an older guy and I figured he was just helping me out, and he never said anything to the contrary. Now that I know better I mentioned this time around that we'd pay him, but I failed to ask his rate, and I made clear in my post that it was my fault for not doing that. Although I still think it would have been nice for him to mention since that seems pretty high and he apparently had no intention of giving us a friend discount. Oh and at $8 a linear foot for installation it would have been much cheaper to hire Lowe's to do the job. F you for your condescension and insults.
    I see a good, 1st round match in the making here. AbsHo, take note.
    Where in the world is PhotoHokieNC?

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Water View Post
    Nice, Champ 3 & a shout out to crooked road from Champ 1 for getting MacDaddy off my butt.
    Last edited by PhotoHokieNC; Thu Feb 23 2012 at 11:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by crooked road View Post
    Nice that you totally disrespect his right to earn a living. If you agreed to pay him to install a fence and were so... let's say... 'naive' as to never ask him his price? Look, the guy specializes in 'handyman services'. He knows the market. Perhaps before complaining you should call Lowes or Home Depot and ask how much they'd charge for the same. I'll tell you now, it's more than that. I got a quote this fall from Lowes for a fencing install that was a one day job, as described by Lowes. $1200 labor for two guys to come out for one day.

Needless to say, I kept the wallet closed, manned up, and spent 4 Saturdays doing the job myself. It took me longer than them, but I saved the money, and I didn't complain. Everything has a cost.
    Did you previously post as someone else? Your posts have a slightly humblebrag, slightly douchey tone that rings familiar to me.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychobilly View Post
    Your posts ... are money. I read them all.

Hey shirthead, reading comprehension much? I'm not disrespecting anyone. He's helped me on projects before and didn't charge me - I didn't offer and he didn't ask. I had no idea then this was his job - he's an older guy and I figured he was just helping me out, and he never said anything to the contrary. Now that I know better I mentioned this time around that we'd pay him, but I failed to ask his rate, and I made clear in my post that it was my fault for not doing that. Although I still think it would have been nice for him to mention since that seems pretty high and he apparently had no intention of giving us a friend discount. Oh and at $8 a linear foot for installation it would have been much cheaper to hire Lowe's to do the job. F you for your condescension and insults.
    You don't even know what he does for a living. Of course he isn't giving you the friend discount. Did you call him "buddy" or "chief" the whole time?

Apparently you have the same problem as the other guy. I didn't know *at the time of the other projects* (which was a couple of years ago) that was his job. I knew this time, which was why I offered to pay him.

Apparently you have the same problem as the other guy. I didn't know *at the time of the other projects* (which was a couple of years ago) that was his job. I knew this time, which was why I offered to pay him.
    Apparently you have the same problem as a chimpanzee who cannot use Reply with Quote.

Oh I can, I just choose not to, explicitly to piss off people like you.

Oh I can, I just choose not to, explicitly to piss off people like you.
    "People like me"?

Please avoid the topics of race, religion, and politics.

Quote Originally Posted by Brown Water View Post
    Has it been 29 days yet?

Nah, no TOS violation here - douchebags transcend all such cultural boundaries