Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokiestud View Post
    Raines has definitely improved tremendously, no doubt about it. He's now a decent scoring threat down low.
    I agree. He's improved like crazy since he's been at VT. He's a lot quicker than you'd think.
    "Knowledge is good"

--Emil Faber, 1904

Quote Originally Posted by vt90wm96 View Post
    You start missing FTs when you get tired. W/o a legitimate inside game against UVA, you'll wear yourself out running those screens and dribble'rounds - Exactly what happened with VT. Which leadsd me to my next point; With Davila in there, we win that game no problem.
    We definitely wore ourselves out. Green and Hudson were running HARD off those screens in the first half. In the 2nd half we got tired and it showed on both ends.

Lack of effort has never been an issue with these kids. They leave it all on the court.

The coach can tell them to stop shooting from the perimeter and control the offense. I know they can.

They were not running that hard. ANd there was a time when green stood still

Lack of effort has never been an issue with these kids. They leave it all on the court.
    Mostly agree, with one noteable exception.

I agree. On the whole I thought it was a well-played game by both teams.
    Stud,

I'm with Hubman, please use Reply with Quote.

Thank you,

Jay
    May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
    Robert A. Heinlein

Good summary, Stud. The deep freeze offense has been killing me. It's one thing to screw around until :15 left on the clock -- you can still work for a quality shot in that time. But it's totally another thing to start trying to score once it's down to :08. The defense only has to work for 5 seconds or so, and you usually end up with a crappy off-balance shot.

I'm less bothered by the 3-point shot than most. Terrible call, for sure. But the only reason we ended up with a chance to win was by playing Hack-a-Shaq. If UVA is denied their ill-gotten gains, the game is closer down the stretch. But then we don't foul, we don't benefit from the missed FTs, and it's probably the same score with :15 left.

Quote Originally Posted by nvpbrown View Post
    Good summary, Stud. The deep freeze offense has been killing me. It's one thing to screw around until :15 left on the clock -- you can still work for a quality shot in that time. But it's totally another thing to start trying to score once it's down to :08. The defense only has to work for 5 seconds or so, and you usually end up with a crappy off-balance shot.

I'm less bothered by the 3-point shot than most. Terrible call, for sure. But the only reason we ended up with a chance to win was by playing Hack-a-Shaq. If UVA is denied their ill-gotten gains, the game is closer down the stretch. But then we don't foul, we don't benefit from the missed FTs, and it's probably the same score with :15 left.
    This is what gets me. The general rule of thumb in these types of situations is to start the offense at around the 10-12 second mark. HOWEVER ... we seem to be instead start to get into our offensive set at around the 10-12 second mark, which means we don't get into the play until the 6-8 second mark.