Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Pylons View Post
    This is what I've been most encouraged by lately. Big C has been looking more and more comfortable, competent, and confident out there.
    I got really frustrated that we didn't work to get the ball to him more in the second half. He did a nice job on offense against Scott in the first half, and for the most part, Scott tries not to foul on defense, making it easier to score against him.

Quote Originally Posted by Pylons View Post
    The problem with *any* effort to milk clock by us is that our standard offense uses a lot of clock. Even when we're not trying to use clock, we often shoot with the shot clock very low. Make any effort to take air out of the ball and we really have no margin for error offensively. We should just keep playing our game and not worry about managing the clock so much.
    Yeah, not with 10 or so minutes left. With 5 left, maybe. We're in the double bonus. We are playing with house money at that point.
    "Knowledge is good"

--Emil Faber, 1904

Psrt of the failure on Offense was that UVa ni=oticeably stepped up their Defense after a TV timeout around the same time as the 2 missed free throws

We are about where I thought we would be at the start of the season. I said before the season started that if we could make the NIT this year, I'd be happy. I'll admit that our fast start had gotten me thinking that maybe the NCAA tourney was a possibility this year, and so it was very disappointing when we got off to such an awful start in our ACC games. But all in all, the season has played out about as I had expected. I just hope we can scratch out another couple of wins and get an NIT bid. These kids deserve it. They've played hard.

I have to admit, that's a fair question. If it were me on the bench, I'd be screaming at the them to "ATTACK THE DAMN BASKET!!!"

Raines has definitely improved tremendously, no doubt about it. He's now a decent scoring threat down low.

you still have a legitimate beef on them allowing the bucket in the first place. i've watched it several times and i have no problems admitting i would be livid if that had happened to us. of course the shot itself was also absurdly lucky!

i do think things evened out in the end, as you said they missed calls both ways and you guys had some shots fall that had no business dropping in. overall a very entertaining game and pretty high-quality, if you look at the stats.

Quote Originally Posted by MDHokie79 View Post
    Psrt of the failure on Offense was that UVa ni=oticeably stepped up their Defense after a TV timeout around the same time as the 2 missed free throws
    You start missing FTs when you get tired. W/o a legitimate inside game against UVA, you'll wear yourself out running those screens and dribble'rounds - Exactly what happened with VT. Which leadsd me to my next point; With Davila in there, we win that game no problem.

I agree. On the whole I thought it was a well-played game by both teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiestud View Post
    I agree. On the whole I thought it was a well-played game by both teams.
    Hokiestud, I am trying to follow this thread, but I just can't because I don't know who you are talking to. Can you please use "reply with quote" so I can better follow? Thanks!
    "Don't give up......Don't ever give up." -- Jimmy V