PSA: Band of Brothers marathon on Spike TV today.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie360 View Post
    That show had me hooked from the first run up Curahee... and you help but have much respect for Dick Winters after he refuses to take Captain "Ross" Sobel's crap and requests a formal court martial instead. LOL
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

I have watched the series on DVD over and over. I was very sad when Dick Winters passed away a year ago.

Quote Originally Posted by VTUD View Post
    I have watched the series on DVD over and over. I was very sad when Dick Winters passed away a year ago.
    If you get a chance, his autobiography is a good read. Includes his experience in joining the paratroopers, his relationship with Captain Sobel and others, his return from the war, and obviously a little more detail on the actions covered by the miniseries.

Last edited by Hokie360; Mon Feb 20 2012 at 08:46 PM.

I`ve read it. I also read the book "Band of Brothers" before the miniseries came out.The miniseries,unlike many versions of books,very closely follows the book.I hope some day to visit Normandy.I would have liked to meet Dick Winters.