Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 41 to 50 of 65
  1. #41

    Join Date
    October 29, 2001
    Posts
    11,235
    Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd89 View Post
    I think when you win ten plus games a season with consistency it's not too delusional thinking you have a shot at a title. No more delusional than the uva fans who were so sure last year was their year against the hokies.
    haha...yep. 75-7 Shakenbake

  2. #42

    Join Date
    August 09, 2011
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by Nova Hokie 95 View Post
    What was the key to your second half showing against MD, and do you think you can do the same against VT?
    Defensive intensity. A lot of it was having Evans pressuring Stoglin and then Brogdon locking him down with his length. Didn't hurt that Joe, Sammy and Brogdon all contributed offensively to take some pressure off Mike.

  3. #43

    Join Date
    August 09, 2011
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneHokie View Post
    haha...yep. 75-7 Shakenbake
    I'll buy the hype when you guys start winning meaningful bowl games (and yes, I realize we haven't played in one in a long while, but you guys are better than us right now)

  4. #44
    HokieJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 08, 1999
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Posts
    20,704
    Quote Originally Posted by Beach Hokie View Post
    Marry a Hoo or a Blue Devil. I graduated from ODU but married a Hokie. Became huge fan who always knows every player without a program. I know that the word "Hokie" came from the cheer made up by O.M. Stull. I know everything about the War Memorial. Even though ODU now plays football, too, I only go to their games if Tech has an open date.
    You are way too intelligent to marry a Hoo or a Blue Devil. ;-)

    I should point out that I married a TarHeel but their school colors hurt my eyes, I prefer O&M.
    May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
    Robert A. Heinlein

  5. #45
    Quote Originally Posted by shakenbake85 View Post
    Defensive intensity. A lot of it was having Evans pressuring Stoglin and then Brogdon locking him down with his length. Didn't hurt that Joe, Sammy and Brogdon all contributed offensively to take some pressure off Mike.
    Luckily we seem to be a bit more well-rounded than the Maryland Stoglins, so I'm hopeful we won't fall into the same trap. What was the quote from Turgeon? Something like "I can't have Stoglin running the point, because then we might go 17 possessions without anyone else touching the ball"?

    My big worry is that for whatever reason our three-point defense has slacked off tremendously from where it was for the first part of the season. If we leave your supporting cast with wide-open looks, then that hurts us in two ways -- giving up the points, plus freeing up Scott in the middle against our weakened inside D. But if you're not able to hit the threes and we can have Hudson and Rankin and Green swiping down on Scott again, I think we win.

  6. #46
    HokieJay's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 08, 1999
    Location
    Midlothian, VA
    Posts
    20,704
    Quote Originally Posted by shakenbake85 View Post
    I'll buy the hype when you guys start winning meaningful bowl games (and yes, I realize we haven't played in one in a long while, but you guys are better than us right now)
    Hey wait a minute, we kicked Michigan's azz all over the field! So what if they scored more points than us? ;-)
    May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
    Robert A. Heinlein

  7. #47

    Join Date
    January 01, 2005
    Posts
    470
    Quote Originally Posted by bfloyd89 View Post
    I think when you win ten plus games a season with consistency it's not too delusional thinking you have a shot at a title. No more delusional than the uva fans who were so sure last year was their year against the hokies.
    Then reality sets in when we actually play a quality opponent in a big game...which the ACC lacks

  8. #48
    bfloyd89's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 15, 2010
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by 2BurgsHokie View Post
    Then reality sets in when we actually play a quality opponent in a big game...which the ACC lacks
    Lol...and lately those quality oppenents go on to win the national championship...

  9. #49

    Join Date
    January 05, 2001
    Posts
    3,669
    It is just "grounds" (not "the grounds").

    Seniors are called "fourth years" because that's how uppity, "better than you" students view themselves. Also, most students get out in 4 years.

    Many Hokies (especially many older ones) spent more than 4 years in B'burg.

    Was my 6th year in B'burg, my 3rd senior year or was I a 6th year?

    Referring ty


    Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutHokie04 View Post
    Why do you call your campus "the grounds"? Why do you call seniors "fourth years"? Is there a minimum number of popped collars you must wear before you can be accepted as a student?

  10. #50

    Join Date
    January 01, 2005
    Posts
    1,642

    Smile A couple of questions:

    Quote Originally Posted by cush13 View Post
    I'll try to check this thread periodically and answer what I can.
    1. How has the defensive scheme changed since the loss of Sene?

    2. What's up with Zeglinski this year? I have a nightmare that this will be the game where he gets back on track.

    TIA, and safe travels to/from the Burg.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •