Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 65
  1. #31

    Join Date
    September 23, 2002
    Posts
    17,604
    Quote Originally Posted by cush13 View Post
    That right there is 6 wins against the top 75. and they still also have top 100 wins over MD and Mason.
    Sounds exactly like something a Virginia Tech fan would've said each of the last 4 years.

  2. #32

    Join Date
    October 29, 2001
    Posts
    11,235
    Quote Originally Posted by shakenbake85 View Post
    Growing up in cville or anywhere in VA for that matter. Other than grads, one could say most VT fans are bandwagoners from the Mike Vick era.
    Wrong...the VT success started before Michael and certainly continued after. It's amazing that the Hoos don't realize that Vick was only here 2 years during our incredible 19 year run. I know you all are drinking heavily the Kool-Aid Coach Dream is serving but prepared to take a step back. The greatest salesman can sell you a pile of crap but in the end you are just stuck with a pile of crap.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    October 08, 1999
    Posts
    5,222
    What is the status of Harris and Sene for the game tomorrow night?

  4. #34

    Join Date
    September 23, 2002
    Posts
    17,604
    Quote Originally Posted by FMR. DB View Post
    What is the status of Harris and Sene for the game tomorrow night?
    Sene out. Harris will continue to tough it out.

  5. #35
    Quote Originally Posted by Go Hoos 10 View Post
    Curious, how many are Duke fans, and how many are Duke Basketball fans?
    Just about all of them are Duke basketball fans only. Ironically, the few I've known to actually attend Duke don't seem to care about sports

  6. #36

    Join Date
    August 09, 2011
    Posts
    112
    Quote Originally Posted by InsaneHokie View Post
    Wrong...the VT success started before Michael and certainly continued after. It's amazing that the Hoos don't realize that Vick was only here 2 years during our incredible 19 year run. I know you all are drinking heavily the Kool-Aid Coach Dream is serving but prepared to take a step back. The greatest salesman can sell you a pile of crap but in the end you are just stuck with a pile of crap.
    Point stands, most people who are VT fans but not grads weren't until the success started. And building a program takes time. Sure, there are hoos fans who have inflated expectations for next year, but compared to VT fans who think the hokies have a shot at a title every year they're not that delusional.

  7. #37
    Beach Hokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 08, 1999
    Location
    Chesapeake
    Posts
    19,341
    Quote Originally Posted by Wandering_Hokie View Post
    How in the world does anyone become a UVA or a Duke fan if they did not go there?
    Marry a Hoo or a Blue Devil. I graduated from ODU but married a Hokie. Became huge fan who always knows every player without a program. I know that the word "Hokie" came from the cheer made up by O.M. Stull. I know everything about the War Memorial. Even though ODU now plays football, too, I only go to their games if Tech has an open date.
    "The woods are lovely, dark and deep. But I have promises to keep, and miles to go before I sleep...and miles to go before I sleep" -- Robert Frost

  8. #38
    bfloyd89's Avatar
    Join Date
    March 15, 2010
    Posts
    751
    Quote Originally Posted by shakenbake85 View Post
    Point stands, most people who are VT fans but not grads weren't until the success started. And building a program takes time. Sure, there are hoos fans who have inflated expectations for next year, but compared to VT fans who think the hokies have a shot at a title every year they're not that delusional.
    I think when you win ten plus games a season with consistency it's not too delusional thinking you have a shot at a title. No more delusional than the uva fans who were so sure last year was their year against the hokies.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    February 27, 2010
    Posts
    404
    Sene is out. Harris will play and was much more effective against Maryland in the last game than he was against Clemson. I would expect him to get more and more effective with each passing game as the swelling continues to go down in his hand.

  10. #40
    What was the key to your second half showing against MD, and do you think you can do the same against VT?

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •