Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Bitter blog - Bryan Stinespring Q&A, Part II

Thanks again Andy!

Interesting Stiney quote: "Itís not calculus to him. Itís something that he absorbs really well.Ē

Shouldn't a coach at a "tech school" use a better example? I mean every VT student loves and understands calculus, right?
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
    Interesting Stiney quote: "Itís not calculus to him. Itís something that he absorbs really well.Ē

Shouldn't a coach at a "tech school" use a better example? I mean every VT student loves and understands calculus, right?
    Uh......maybe NOW they do! It was a pretty good analogy to me...lol

Quote Originally Posted by HOKIERIT View Post
    Uh......maybe NOW they do! It was a pretty good analogy to me...lol
    Haha, me too. Those "Math: A Liberal Arts Approach" classes existed for a reason.

Very good info here. I think VT would be tough to defend with active TEs in the scheme. Also, explained why some years the TEs were not because the OL needed more support. Keep up the good work!

Quote Originally Posted by BROman Hokie View Post
    Haha, me too. Those "Math: A Liberal Arts Approach" classes existed for a reason.
    Yes they did....me and the football team back in the day!!

Still think the biggest difference in our O and D is teaching ability of the 2 sides.

Our D coaches are straight to the point people who don't 'overstate' stuff.

Our O coaches seem to like to hear themselves talk and give way to much unneeded information, which IMHO confuses the players, which is why we always "Need to Execute".

Quote Originally Posted by PullinHokie View Post
    Our D coaches are straight to the point people who don't 'overstate' stuff.

Our O coaches seem to like to hear themselves talk and give way to much unneeded information, which IMHO confuses the players, which is why we always "Need to Execute".
    Newsome and Wiles? Or did you mean the coordinators (who don't coach the linemen, BTW)
    I will never understand people.
    They're the worst!

I mean most (can't say I can call SB yet...) the O coaches.....

in interviews seem to give their answers 4 different ways, at the same time, and make a term paper out of it.

Whenever I read D coaches interviews, the answer is usually 1 short, concise sentence which is straight to the point.

What I am getting at here is that IMHO the O coaches actually give too much information to the players and confuse them, while the D coaches give them exactly what they need (and I'm sure if the player wants to know more, they will explain it later).

I am actually basing this on my family business. I have a brother who could confuse me about a job I've been doing every day for 35 years, because he give too much information at the beginning, and confuses everyone. My brother knows how to do the job, but he stinks at teaching people how to do the job.