Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

I think a decent crowd will be on hand tomorrow night, Students will love a chance to booooo the HOOS all night long!

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie'79 View Post
    they made noise, but it looked like lot of empty seats on tv
    Noise is all I care about. I don't know why any fan gives a crap about attendance #s. That's Jim Weaver's job (I know there are plenty of fans trying to use lower attendance as an excuse to criticize the coach -- but that's outtawhack).

Noise is all that matters from a crowd. If the ones that show up are lower down instead of in the rafters and twice as vocal, all the better.

Sounded good on TV, no doubt.

It is mandated. Part of the problem is the camera locations and part of the problem is the questionable decision to install tan seats in a coliseum that should have either maroon or orange seats so as to be less noticeable. That would help the issue all over, not just behind visitor's bench.

Curb thy tounge knave. Student seating is the holy grail

We still should have a fanny in every seat; it then could be even louder. A rowdy atmosphere can be contagious whether it's a student or an old fart.

From 1975-1979, I didn't miss a home game when school was in session and we were anindependent and then in the Metro conference. I guess being in the ACC and creating that home court advantage means more to me. I only wish I lived close enough to go now, but it's 5-6 hrs each way.

Duke's not selling out their student section this yr

Quote Originally Posted by Lancelot Link View Post
    I believe this is an issur with kids not wanting to camp out for tickets as much. Do they actually sell any before the camping out?

Quote Originally Posted by Lancelot Link View Post
    I don't care about Duke.

all student tickets were taken, and are taken for every game. Problem is they are not all used and those that don't have a ticket but woant to go to the game can't (one of my friends son couldn't go to the GT game because he couldn't get a ticket).