Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Smile Football 2012 possible schedule as of now..

So I looked into every team's schedules/boards/blogs/etc that we are playing this year and from what I found this is our possible schedule as of now for 2012:

Date
    9.3 PLAY GT (home)
    9.8 PLAY AUSTIN (home)
    9.15 PLAY PITT (away)
    9.22 PLAY BOWLING (home)
    9.29 PLAY CINN (Away- Fedex DC)
    10.6 NO:bc/miami COULD:duke.unc.clem.fs
    10.13 NO:miami COULD:duke.unc.clem.fs.bc
    10.20 Open COULD:duke.mi.unc.clem.fs.bc
    10.27 NO:Gt COULD:duke.mia.unc.clem.fs.bc
    11.3 Open COULD:duke.mi.unc.clem.fs.bc
    11.10. NO:BC COULD:duke.mia.unc.clem.fs
    11.17 open COULD:duke.mi.unc.clem.fs.bc
    11.24 PLAY UVA (home)

Now I know there are 13 Saturdays listed here but that's just for a reference of the weekends we *could* play- obviously we will have 1 off week and hopefully a couple of Thursdays in there. Hokiesports/etc haven't listed all of these yet but based on everything I've found this is where we are right now. 2008-2011 we have taken off a weekend somewhere between the second weekend in October to the first in November, which looks like it will be the same this year. Also our Thursday night games have been the last week of October-first week in November from 2008-2010 and 2011 was the second week in November (due to taking the first week off).

Anyway, I just wanted to share what was scheduled so far for 2012 since we are still "patiently" waiting for it to be announced.
    Last edited by VTSmurf; Fri Feb 17 2012 at 02:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by VTSmurf View Post
    So I looked into every team's schedules/boards/blogs/etc that we are playing this year and from what I found this is our possible schedule as of now for 2012:

Date
    9.3 PLAY GT (home)
    9.8 PLAY AUSTIN (away)
    9.15 PLAY PITT (home)
    9.22 PLAY BOWLING (home)
    11.24 PLAY UVA (home)

Now I know there are 13 Saturdays listed here but that's just for a reference of the weekends we *could* play- obviously we will have 1 off week and hopefully a couple of Thursdays in there. Hokiesports/etc haven't listed all of these yet but based on everything I've found this is where we are right now. 2008-2011 we have taken off a weekend somewhere between the second weekend in October to the first in November, which looks like it will be the same this year. Also our Thursday night games have been the last week of October-first week in November from 2008-2010 and 2011 was the second week in November (due to taking the first week off).

Anyway, I just wanted to share what was scheduled so far for 2012 since we are still "patiently" waiting for it to be announced.
    You think we're playing APSU away?

Quote Originally Posted by IAHokie View Post
    You think we're playing APSU away?
    and we are playing PITT away. I'm not sure that is very accurate

Whoops- thanks for catching that! I had trouble moving my excel over the this forum and mistyped.

Quote Originally Posted by InsaneHokie View Post
    and we are playing PITT away. I'm not sure that is very accurate
    we are playing Pitt away...i already booked my hotel.
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

let's just wait for the real thing

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie'79 View Post
    let's just wait for the real thing
    What's wrong with speculating? Not much else to talk about.
    "It has been said that politics is the second oldest profession. I have learned that it bears a striking resemblance to the first." Ronald Reagan

espn reporting frank has yet to contact rodrigues(sp). not good i think!
    team's schedules/boards/blogs/etc that we are playing this year and from what I found this is our possible schedule as of now for 2012:

Date
    9.3 PLAY GT (home)
    9.8 PLAY AUSTIN (home)
    9.15 PLAY PITT (away)
    9.22 PLAY BOWLING (home)
    11.24 PLAY UVA (home)

Anyway, I just wanted to share what was scheduled so far for 2012 since we are still "patiently" waiting for it to be announced. [/QUOTE]

war vet.

Dumb questions...if Rodriques can be admitted as a student (independent of any atletic aspirations) can he simply walk on to the VT football program? Is there some advantage to being an "invited walk-on" when it comes to being admitted in VT?