Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 13
  1. #1
    Russian Hokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 07, 1999
    Posts
    12,792

    BTW, regarding fonts, links, bold, et cetera.

    This is how the message board is displayed in my Firefox.

    Names are bold and the links I've visited are orange...

    RH

    Last edited by Russian Hokie; Wed Feb 15 2012 at 04:34 PM.

  2. #2
    Anomaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18, 2005
    Posts
    1,140
    Did you set something up or did Firefox render it that way by default? Because for me Chrome and Firefox look the same (ie. without the bold usernames)
    Quote Originally Posted by Russian Hokie View Post
    This is how the message board is displayed in my Firefox.

    Names are bold and the links I've visited are orange...

    RH

  3. #3
    Will Stewart's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18, 1999
    Location
    Radford, VA
    Posts
    43,285
    Quote Originally Posted by Russian Hokie View Post
    This is how the message board is displayed in my Firefox. Names are bold and the links I've visited are orange...
    How'd you get it to do that? Have you right-clicked each of those posts and opened them in a separate window, or something unusual? Because my Firefox doesn't do that.
    Always use "Reply With Quote", so everyone knows to whom you're responding.

  4. #4
    Russian Hokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 07, 1999
    Posts
    12,792
    Quote Originally Posted by Will Stewart View Post
    How'd you get it to do that? Have you right-clicked each of those posts and opened them in a separate window, or something unusual? Because my Firefox doesn't do that.
    Will,

    You have CSS tags already in your MB syntax. I just changed them to make the page look like I wanted it to look and uploaded a userContent.css in my Firefox folder on my computer. Like I told you yesterday. For example I can make the background of your entire site look GRAY, change the spacing between element blocks (main, shadow-box, drop-box, etc).

    In fact, my "custom-css" is only a couple of sentences long...

    Here's a screencap of a gray background and vertical spacing changed above and below (my profile) maroon navigation block:

    RH
    (if my post is confusing - give me a call, I'll explain what I did)
    I gave the file to a friend here at the office and the file works on Mac as well. Keep in mind, though I did this only for Firefox. However, same thing can be done for IE, Chrome, Linux, etc.

    Last edited by Russian Hokie; Thu Feb 16 2012 at 04:33 PM.

  5. #5
    Russian Hokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 07, 1999
    Posts
    12,792
    Quote Originally Posted by mrh61988 View Post
    Did you set something up or did Firefox render it that way by default? Because for me Chrome and Firefox look the same (ie. without the bold usernames)
    made my own CSS file using tags that are used by TSL. I just changed the TSL made properties and assigned my own. In that "custom-css", I've incorporated declarations that force Firefox to use my stylesheet and over-rule TSL stylesheet.

    I didn't create anything new, just changed the existing tags used by TSL mesasge boards.

    In fact, I can make TSL subscriber's board have maroon background, Lounge to have green background, and so on...

    it is not difficult.

    RH

    Last edited by Russian Hokie; Wed Feb 15 2012 at 04:34 PM.

  6. #6
    Anomaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18, 2005
    Posts
    1,140
    Any way you could send or post the custom CSS file you use because I'm completely in the dark on how to make one. I've found out where to put it though.

    Quote Originally Posted by Russian Hokie View Post
    made my own CSS file using tags that are used by TSL. I just changed the TSL made properties and assigned my own. In that "custom-css", I've incorporated declarations that force Firefox to use my stylesheet and over-rule TSL stylesheet.

    I didn't create anything new, just changed the existing tags used by TSL mesasge boards.

    In fact, I can make TSL subscriber's board have maroon background, Lounge to have green background, and so on...

    it is not difficult.

    RH

  7. #7
    Russian Hokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 07, 1999
    Posts
    12,792
    Quote Originally Posted by mrh61988 View Post
    Any way you could send or post the custom CSS file you use because I'm completely in the dark on how to make one. I've found out where to put it though.
    Certainly!
    If you want for your browser to show TSL like in my screencaps, download this file:

    http://db.tt/Qz1JliOD

    KEEP in MIND THAT THIS IS JUST FOR FIREFOX on Win7.

    Instructions:
    1. Download file "userContent.css" from the link above (Right-click > "Save Link As").
    2. On your PC (win7), go to:
    C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles \(some alphanumeric number).default\chrome
    3. drop the file "userContent.css" into that directory. You should also have "userChrome-example.css" and "userContent-example.css" already there. Ignore them, those files are empty.
    4. Close your Firefox.
    5. Re-start Firefox.

    let me know if you have problems.

    RH

    GO HOKIES !!!
    Last edited by Russian Hokie; Mon Feb 13 2012 at 05:21 PM.

  8. #8
    Anomaly's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 18, 2005
    Posts
    1,140
    Awesome! Thanks RH.

    Quote Originally Posted by Russian Hokie View Post
    Certainly!
    If you want for your browser to show TSL like in my screencaps, download this file:

    http://db.tt/Qz1JliOD

    KEEP in MIND THAT THIS IS JUST FOR FIREFOX on Win7.

    Instructions:
    1. Download file "userContent.css" from the link above.
    2. On your PC (win7), go to:
    C:\Users\(your username)\AppData\Roaming\Mozilla\Firefox\Profiles \(some alphanumeric number).default\chrome
    3. drop the file "userContent.css" into that directory. You should also have "userChrome-example.css" and "userContent-example.css" already there. Ignore them, those files are empty.
    4. Close your Firefox.
    5. Re-start Firefox.

    let me know if you have problems.

    RH

    GO HOKIES !!!

  9. #9
    Russian Hokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 07, 1999
    Posts
    12,792
    Quote Originally Posted by mrh61988 View Post
    Awesome! Thanks RH.
    Actually, I just changed it again. The new file makes the rest of the TSL look like Will originally made it look and the message board layout is more simple (with gray background). So download that file again.

    Have fun!


    RH

  10. #10
    Russian Hokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    October 07, 1999
    Posts
    12,792
    Quote Originally Posted by mrh61988 View Post
    Any way you could send or post the custom CSS file you use because I'm completely in the dark on how to make one. I've found out where to put it though.
    *******
    How to use this stylesheet on Google Chrome:
    *******

    1. Download this file http://db.tt/59UIy8Vs (you'll need it later)
    2. Open file in Notepad or something like that and keep it open somewhere in the background

    3. Open Google Chrome browser.
    4. Go to Settings > Tools > Extensions ...


    5. If you don't have it, download extension Stylebot
    6. click on Get More Extensions > Search for "Stylebot" > download and install it
    7. After installation return to extensions list (Settings > Tools > Extensions)



    8. Click on Stylebot "Options"
    9. Click on "Add New Style..."



    10. Enter URL (this is important!!!): http://www.techsideline.com/forums/
    11. Copy and paste contents of the TEXT file you have downloaded in the body of the Stylebot stylesheet:



    12. Click "Save", Go to TSL and browse.

    That's it.


    RH
    Last edited by Russian Hokie; Wed Feb 15 2012 at 04:35 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •