Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Signature permissions

Is this something that's editable somehow? I'm seeing HTML in others' signatures.

Quote Originally Posted by psychobilly View Post
    Your posts ... are money. I read them all.

Quote Originally Posted by AbsolutHokie04 View Post
    Is this something that's editable somehow? I'm seeing HTML in others' signatures.
    Yes, you can.

From the links "right above the message board" ... Go to Forum Actions > Edit Profile > Edit Signature (on the left hand side).

Enter text in your signature... Highlight the text that you want to be a link ... click on the button in the Rich-text Editor (2nd row of buttons)... enter your URL.... click "Save"
    most of the pictures I post are larger than what message board width allows.
    to view full image: right-click on the image > view image.
    www.ivanmorozov.com

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Hokie View Post
    Yes, you can.

From the links "right above the message board" ... Go to Forum Actions > Edit Profile > Edit Signature (on the left hand side).

Enter text in your signature... Highlight the text that you want to be a link ... click on the button in the Rich-text Editor (2nd row of buttons)... enter your URL.... click "Save"
    In theory that's how I would do it, but in practice it does not work. I don't have rich-text editor buttons. Even in Advanced Reply mode, I don't have them. There's another thread on here about that glitch (Firefox on a Mac ... cleared my cookies and such with no luck).

Second, even manually entering HTML codes doesn't cause text to bold, italic, quote, etc. I can do it fine in a post, but in signatures it just shows up with the code (see below)

In theory that's how I would do it, but in practice it does not work. I don't have rich-text editor buttons. Even in Advanced Reply mode, I don't have them. There's another thread on here about that glitch (Firefox on a Mac ... cleared my cookies and such with no luck).

Second, even manually entering HTML codes doesn't cause text to bold, italic, quote, etc. I can do it fine in a post, but in signatures it just shows up with the code (see below)
    Other than links (like in Russian Hokie's post) I don't think any other HTML coding works (bolds, italics, etc) in signatures. What else are you seeing?

Quote Originally Posted by vthokieq View Post
    Other than links (like in Russian Hokie's post) I don't think any other HTML coding works (bolds, italics, etc) in signatures. What else are you seeing?
    Hm ok. BigDave has a quote in his signature, and posted a screenshot of his setup yesterday on the Lounge. Perhaps he's the exception, and my setup is the rule.

Hm ok. BigDave has a quote in his signature, and posted a screenshot of his setup yesterday on the Lounge. Perhaps he's the exception, and my setup is the rule.
    Hmmm...maybe quotes work as well then. I know they purposely limited what you could do in your signatures to avoid annoying gifs and whatnot. What exactly are you wanting to do in yours?

Quote Originally Posted by vthokieq View Post
    Hmmm...maybe quotes work as well then. I know they purposely limited what you could do in your signatures to avoid annoying gifs and whatnot. What exactly are you wanting to do in yours?
    I wanted to do a quote as well. I tried it the way I thought it should be, and nothing. Tried it the way BigDave has it set up (which was the same as trying it the way I thought it should be), and nothing. I assume that his ability to do it is just one of those odd glitches in the system.

I think you should be able to post LINK, not HTML...
    Also try to CAPITALIZE your BB code, ie ["B"] text ["/B"] (without quotation marks inside square brackets)

for example a link would be something like this:
    [" URL="http://www.techsideline.com" "]www.techsideline.com["/URL"]

but in any case here's what I see in my profile view:

most of the pictures I post are larger than what message board width allows.
    to view full image: right-click on the image > view image.
    www.ivanmorozov.com

I wanted to do a quote as well. I tried it the way I thought it should be, and nothing. Tried it the way BigDave has it set up (which was the same as trying it the way I thought it should be), and nothing. I assume that his ability to do it is just one of those odd glitches in the system.
    Hmmm...I just tried it...didn't work for me either. Divine intervention perhaps?

Quote Originally Posted by Russian Hokie View Post
    I think you should be able to post LINK, not HTML...
    Also try to CAPITALIZE your BB code, ie ["B"] text ["/B"] (without quotation marks inside square brackets)

for example a link would be something like this:
    [" URL="http://www.techsideline.com" "]www.techsideline.com["/URL"]

but in any case here's what I see in my profile view:

You show a lot more signature permissions than I show...but I believe I see "Allow Quote BB Code YES" at the bottom...half cut off. You also show the html edits above...I don't have those. So it seems some people have them...some don't.