Page 18 of 18 FirstFirst ... 812131415161718
    Quote Originally Posted by Chris Coleman View Post
    We aren't Wal-Mart. They are a big business with the money to do whatever they want. Had we waited another two years to get every single thing ironed out, the old TSL easily could have crashed, and then we would have been out of business.

So, WADR to you, you don't understand our business.
    Posts like his suck, but it is the reality behind "change" on the interwebs. I used to be a basketball analyst for Statefans.com (NCSU) back in the late 90's. When statefans.com transitioned into packpride.com, there were changes with the message boards that people just could not figure out. People were going crazy trying to figure out pictures, avatars, etc. The bottom line is, if people leave, they will be back. There is nowhere else to go. If they go to a Rivals or Scout board, they will be find that those formats are no different than Topic Format/Linear View here. Plus, they will find that there are NO OTHER FANS on those boards. It just takes getting used to, but the people saying they are gone for good........are going to be gone for a little while........

***I edited this to add that I should have used the "multi-quote" feature but I have not yet programmed that feature in my head......now I know........it all just takes some getting used to.......

Quote Originally Posted by just2selltickets View Post
    That info should be highlighted, linked, at the top of each page for a substantial period of time. Welcome to the New TSL - have questions about the format - click here . . . . .

I come here out of convenience, not necessity.

Just my opinion, though, and a couple others I've read in glancing through some of this.

Sorry its taking so long for you to convert things, but Wal-Mart doesn't open stores with half the departments unstocked.

Good luck with it all. You can take me out of the database - if for no other reason than to take away the periodic temptation. Thanks.
    Every forum has a link to "Announcement: ** New Board Primer -- brief, read for a few hints and tips ** "

There is also a sticky thread for "Tips and Tricks: Threaded Format and the Ignore Feature" -- This one contained a very detailed article essentially on how to get this new board to look and function exactly like the old board.

Finally, there's a whole board devoted to "New Site Questions, Issues, Suggestions, etc." -- This is the first entry on the forum list page. These three pages are also the first three entrys on the drop-down when you hover over "forums" on the home page. Mind you this is all *in addition* to the "Help/FAQ" link cunningly hidden in the upper right hand corner of every single page on this site.

Will and Chris did everything short of come over to your house and start posting for you, so let's not pretend like they are the ones at fault here. A *modicum* of effort on your part would have answered all of your questions, but it still wouldn't have poofed the free information you demand into instant existence, so you would have complained anyway.

Also, the funniest part is that despite all the sturm und drang, and the big show of leaving, you'll be back. You said it yourself, TSL is the only place to get the content you're so mad is temporarily unavailable. It's web 2.0, and content is king. Unless you plan on going to that other source of original authored content, historical data, and depth of discussion regarding Tech Athletics...
    There's a difference between a "fact" and an "opinion that you agree with."

Quote Originally Posted by just2selltickets View Post
    That info should be highlighted, linked, at the top of each page for a substantial period of time. Welcome to the New TSL - have questions about the format - click here . . . . .

I come here out of convenience, not necessity.

Just my opinion, though, and a couple others I've read in glancing through some of this.

Sorry its taking so long for you to convert things, but Wal-Mart doesn't open stores with half the departments unstocked.

Good luck with it all. You can take me out of the database - if for no other reason than to take away the periodic temptation. Thanks.
    Sorry to see you go, the message boards just won't be the same without your 1.18 posts per week. Seriously, really?
    May you live as long as you wish and love as long as you live.
    Robert A. Heinlein

I don't post as much as I used to. Don't care for the new format at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Groff View Post
    Clearly you have a problem with me for some reason. If you need some help learning how to use the ignore function, let me know!
    LOL. Groff you have the patience of a saint. I share your opinion about the new boards but can't find the energy to be so helpful with the recalcitrant posters. So instead I try to avoid saying anything if I can't say something nice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiestud View Post
    I thought it was becaue of the restraining order........

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiestud View Post
    Can you be more specific? If you give us a bit more information, maybe somebody can give you a little help or a tip that might make things a little bit better for you.

Because without some more information, this post is useless.

Quote Originally Posted by Hubman View Post
    I thought it was becaue of the restraining order........
    When does yours go into effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiefan5 View Post
    When does yours go into effect?
    Oh, my bad Hokiestud, for some odd reason, I thought I was talking to Hokiefan5..........weird........