Page 1 of 18 123456711 ... LastLast

A question: What % of posters from old board are not posting in new format?

I'm saying 50% or more. Seems like a lot of old poster names are missing.
    If so, It makes me sad.

are they reading and not posting? or are they just not coming to the board out of frustration?

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie'79 View Post
    are they reading and not posting? or are they just not coming to the board out of frustration?
    I think those 2 questions may both be happening. I'm just not able to do a lot of things
    in here but this is the way of the future and the way things are R the way things are.
    I do miss old board format

No one's saying, but I bet page views are down 60% or more. I don't see the same volume on any page. The in game chat has become a non event. Gotta hurt the bottom line if this continues.

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiefan5 View Post
    If so, It makes me sad.

Quote Originally Posted by UTPr0sim View Post
    No one's saying, but I bet page views are down 60% or more. I don't see the same volume on any page. The in game chat has become a non event. Gotta hurt the bottom line if this continues.
    Will has posted exact numbers several times in detail. It's down about 20% but it's apples to oranges because the old board required a page for every post whereas the new board only requires 1 page for 20 posts. The biggest issue is that subscriptions are way down.

Will has posted very detailed info on this twice. So yes. It's being talked about and if you are using linear view you'll see that thread come to the top several times every day as its been going for a week now.

I think a lot of threaded users are missing where the conversations are occurring because the thread scrolls off in their view but many other people continue to post in it for days and days. Threaded users are expecting the majority of new posts to happen in new topics as was the case in the old board. But that doesn't happen nearly as often in this format.

I only know I don't anymore.
    "That's some catch, that Catch 22!" - Capt. Yossarian

Here is will's post about it. Numbers down

http://www.techsideline.com/forums/s...039#post213039

sweet more board for me!
    -Class of 09'

Quote Originally Posted by Hokiefan5 View Post
    If so, It makes me sad.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hokie'79 View Post
    I said it in another thread, but I know I haven't been looking at this board because of the frustrating nature of discussions right now. I'm sure there are others who would rather not bother right now.

Quote Originally Posted by UTPr0sim View Post
    You don't need an "in game chat" board at all with this new format. You just need an in-game thread.

Page views are down because people don't have to click on every single post (thus incurring a page view) to read it. I can read 40 posts with one click now.
    There's a difference between a "fact" and an "opinion that you agree with."