Bama got two recruits that VT was after before Korren. One, Alex Standler,

never played (I think) and the other is Phillip Sims, who is riding the bench. Seems bad luck to diss Tech for Bama

Quote Originally Posted by 133697Hokie View Post
    never played (I think) and the other is Phillip Sims, who is riding the bench. Seems bad luck to diss Tech for Bama
    We compete for a lot more recruits than just those. Joel Caleb and Manning also had Alabama offers...We offered Cyrus Kouandjio last year, but followed his brother to Bama. The list goes on.

How many 5 stars does Bama land each year? Chances are someone rated higher than Kirven either signed this season or will sign within the next year or two, and it will be very hard for him to ever get any playing time.... much less a starting position. But hey, they put people in the pro's, so riding the bench is ok (TIC) .... good luck to him and hope he enjoys watching Bama/VT 2013 from the sidelines and not playing a single snap... Bama's DL is absolutely loaded... without him

I'd say that was part of Caleb's decision to pass on Ohio State. They have so much more depth than we do. Why go halfway across the country to a school where cracking the depth chart is much more difficult? There's not really anything to be gained by the risk, but potentially a lot to lose.

Cyrus Jones
    I live by the sword, I take my boys everywhere I go because I'm paranoid, I keep looking over my shoulder and peepin' around corners, my mind's playin' tricks on me

Nothing to do with bad luck. Just shows how deep Bama is.