Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Kirven on VT:

I do. A lot more NFL teams playing a 3-4 these days, he has the body for a 3-4 end.

Quote Originally Posted by jocknerd View Post
    "I didn't know if that was the place I could achieve my goals at the end of the day." Obviously he must have meant win a National Championship. If his goal was to get to the NFL, I don't see why Tech would have held him back.

Umm, B, may I remind you that Kr-Kr is only an 18(?) yr old guy*.....

trying to figure out how to best order his life?

*(Miriam-Webster): 18-year-old-guy (descriptive noun): a demographic group of male humans known for their reasoned and well-thought-out decision-making abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by jocknerd View Post
    "I didn't know if that was the place I could achieve my goals at the end of the day." Obviously he must have meant win a National Championship. If his goal was to get to the NFL, I don't see why Tech would have held him back.
    Good for him. Alabama does things at another level, and he will be pushed by DL's that are already in the program as well as 5 stars that will commit in the next three years.

Quote Originally Posted by avhokie View Post
    That's because we lack real DTs and end up playing DEs as DTs. Guys like Kirven could change that.
    Kirven will play DE at Bama

No we wont...we never win those games

Hopefully the coaches take that and tweak their recruiting tactics. It's always kinda sad when it sounds like the kids don't get ALL of the proper info. But life is about making mistakes and learning from them, right?
    And I wish the idea of "team X" or "coach Y" "...puts players in the NFL" would just go away. Look at all the schools that NFL players are from. I just don't believe that schools or coaches really "put" players in the NFL. There may be a few schools that would interfere with that, but... most NFL-quality players are going to make it there from almost anywhere.
    GO HOKIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by VTGolfer View Post
    Kirven will play DE at Bama
    But he would have played DT here

This post and topic needs to be expanded upon and really dooned out.

1) NFL talent finds a way to the NFL regardless of school
    2) The argument that powerhouse school A does a better job of developing players for the NFL is specious at best. Ask Kam Chancellor and Cody Grimm about developing players for the NFL. Now that is a topic to talk. How to take lesser ranked players and put them in the NFL nullifies any argument about developing players for the NFL.
    3) the only argument a highly touted recruit has that is valid regarding #2 above, is scheme, and what they want to play in or believe they need to spend their college careers playing for practice at that same position in the NFL. that is the only argument. But, I believe if you are a football player and an NFL level one at that, you can make the switch. Please Jason Worilds of the steelers, so to be starter OLB.

Whatever.

Easy, more media, way more 1st day draftees at Bama. The difference in a player excelling at Bama and at VT in the eyes of the NFL is pretty big.

Nothing in these statement that VT can take and "improve" on. This was a simple "the best players are going to congregate at a handful of schools" type comment.