Will all the Einsteins who said conference realignment wouldn't amount to anything

please stand up and whack yourselves with a stick.

And there is still more to come - we are just in a short term lull.

has it amounted to anything? has it improved athletics? has it improved the us education system? as best i can tell, competition and education are same as they were 15 years ago it is just packaged differently. tv deals are quoted but they'd likely have been the same per school as if no realignment occurred imo.

That is debatable for sure. What is not debatable, is that conference realignment has happened. Additionally, it is debatable if it will continue - my money is on "yes".

Long term, I think BE collapses to CUSA status. They're going to lose Louisville and Cincy (or UConn... whoever) to the B12. That means that the BE conference will have lost Miami, VT, WVU, BC, Pitt, Syr, UofL and Cincy. There simply aren't enough good teams to replace those schools. BE will be BB-only and let those other, non-original schools deal with football on their own.

Otherwise, I don't see any of the conferences expanding in a meaningful way, ie all other conf have to react. B10 doesn't have any member schools to grab that help their cause (academics, competition or market). SEC doesn't need any more quality to market their product. P10 doesn't have another market unless they convince tu/OU/TT/OkSt to come hat in hand. ACC is going to get ND and either UConn or SUNJ. These are only minor tremors really.

I have seen nothing but attempts to do something grand turn into laughable dilutions of your brand and added travel costs. Other than the ACC in football only... has anyone truly bettered themselves?

I'd say it did NOT happen...at least not the way the PAC and SEC planned. They ended up having to take teams that they didn't need to save face.

B10 + SEC did imo. B10 adds PSU and Nebraska... solid additions there (at least for FB and women's volleyball ). SEC added USC(e), Ark, aTm, and Mizzou... probably looking at ~2 teams in 20-25 spots there in any given year (based on last 10 or so) and sort of fit the footprint (Mizzou is a little stretch).

P10 expansion awful
    B12 contraction/expansion/future expansion will be awful
    ACC expansion actually kind of fits surprisingly well imo

End of the day, greed won out and a bunch of schools tried to bankrupt other schools in their quest to be whatever they think they deserve to be as they put out pro sports teams.

It has amounted to about 1/20th of what all the Chicken Littles predicted. The fact that there is still a Conference Realignment Board speaks to only a couple of things, one being that conspiracy theorists will post like crazy regardless of reality.

B1G & SEC did not better their brands. They enhanced their revenue. The same is true for the ACC. I've no issue with the conference realignments, other than the way the Big East whored themselves out to anyone who had an unused football field on their campus.

The B1G was fine before, the additions they made were rational. I'd have added Mizzou if I were them, but they know what they're doing quite well. The SEC made something of a reach with the aTm acquisition, but then again, the SEC has always been about the money, baby!

The ACC with Syracuse and Pitt makes a lot of sense to me. I'd be just as content to have them add UConn & Rutgers when the time comes to go to 16 members, too. The ACC realized that it is a basketball conference, and building on that keeps people watching their cable channels beyond just August-December.

The only really unreasonable actions came from the Big East. What they did was just embarrassing.