Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I have also heard (from WVU people) that the Big12 is going to pick up some of the cost. Part of the agreement will also include some Big 12 vs Big Least football games. UConn might be happier if Texas plays a game in Storrs.

BE better be *VERY* careful as this sets precedent for when B12 picks up Lewisville + Cincy. Yup, 2nd worst expansion to date right there, still trailing the CU/Utah effort P10 threw out there. God, I still can't believe they even bothered picking up those 2 worthless schools with 1st round draft picks for 'em.

Quote Originally Posted by gern View Post
    BE better be *VERY* careful as this sets precedent for when B12 picks up Lewisville + Cincy. Yup, 2nd worst expansion to date right there, still trailing the CU/Utah effort P10 threw out there. God, I still can't believe they even bothered picking up those 2 worthless schools with 1st round draft picks for 'em.
    Colorado and Utah were the dumbest expansion picks ever, at least in my opinion. There was no value in either of them, either for on the field prowess, or for population pickup.

are their academics even that good? people were poopoo-ing oklahoma's academic standing but at least according to usnwr (hey, it's like rivals - an easy reference to find, not sure about quality), colorado is #94 and utah in at a whopping #124. marginal sports with marginal academics. not sure what search committee came up with that suggestion but they should likely have been fired for even coming up with that suggestion of first choice.

Quote Originally Posted by Atlee Hokie View Post
    Colorado and Utah were the dumbest expansion picks ever, at least in my opinion. There was no value in either of them, either for on the field prowess, or for population pickup.
    And what other two schools west of the Rockies should the Pac-12 had picked up? There were no better choices than CU/Utah.

don't expand. Their assumption was they'd get to 16 w/ tu/TT and OU/OkSt bringing in the big TX markets and they were going to fill in with 2 other schools close to the conference. Without the big money schools of tu and OU, they really didn't even need to expand to 12. I just can't believe each of those schools brought in their share of additional revenue. P10 should have stayed at 10 until all 16 signed up, getting to 12 for a CG was a loss with those 2 awful schools.