Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Big 12 Schedule deadline is February 1, 2012

It appears that the Big East and West Virginia are going to have an interesting time soon. Apparently West Virginia has told the Big 12 they are playing in the Big 12 beginning this Fall. The Big 12 has a TV contractual deadline of February 1, 2012. The Big East says West Virginia is contractually obligated to play in the Big East in F2012/2013. It is going to be interesting on Wednesday, not only for recruiting but for potential conference litigation matters.

Quote Originally Posted by RJHokie View Post
    It appears that the Big East and West Virginia are going to have an interesting time soon. Apparently West Virginia has told the Big 12 they are playing in the Big 12 beginning this Fall. The Big 12 has a TV contractual deadline of February 1, 2012. The Big East says West Virginia is contractually obligated to play in the Big East in F2012/2013. It is going to be interesting on Wednesday, not only for recruiting but for potential conference litigation matters.
    i've heard the TV Networks are willing to be flexible within reason with the Big12 schedule. i think they basically have another week or possibly 2 to work everything out. TCU is just replacing aTm and WVU is simply replacing Mizzou in the regular schedule rotation, so i imagine it's done, just waiting for the lawyers...

WVU will be playing in the Big 12 and not Big Least next season. Both conferences know that but the BE just wants more money out of WVU.

Now when the runway in Morganhole gets lengthened for Texas to fly in, that is another story!!

Quote Originally Posted by Lakeridgehokie View Post
    Now when the runway in Morganhole gets lengthened for Texas to fly in, that is another story!!

I just don't see how that is possible. There is no room to extend that runway in either direction.

*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

If that happens (WVU playing in the big 12) does that speed up the timeline for Pitt and Syracuse to start ACC play?

Quote Originally Posted by PF View Post
    If that happens (WVU playing in the big 12) does that speed up the timeline for Pitt and Syracuse to start ACC play?
    You'd have to think so. My guess is cuse and Pitt would get the same kind of deal. Not that I'm thrilled about cuse and Pitt being in the ACC, but they get us closer to the endgame.

Yes and if I had to guess the BE's position on how much WVU owes is pretty solid. Seems like a breach of contract would be easy to prove and resulting damages to BE also easily proven. Guessing $20+mil without much effort between legit lost revenue and damages. WVU's AD will be seriously hurt as a result especially if you add that to any entrance fee/lost % of income from B12. Then again, maybe B12 picks part of that up (though I reallly doubt that).

Quote Originally Posted by mancunian View Post
    You'd have to think so. My guess is cuse and Pitt would get the same kind of deal. Not that I'm thrilled about cuse and Pitt being in the ACC, but they get us closer to the endgame.
    we'll have Pitt and 'Cuse in 2013, 1 year early, but not this year.

Yep, it's really gonna cost UCONN & Louis. to find somebody to play now. They could end up forking over nearly a mill to play Ark. St. What's that do to ticket sales, for that game aswell as the season tickets? You could even throw in the lost revenue from concessions and parking. A sell out just became a half empty stadium. What about the televised game with WVU that will likely not be televised?

Additionally, aren't the bowls gonna sue? They certainly have a beef. Anyhow, I could see it being TENS of millions of dollars.

Quote Originally Posted by chuckd4vt View Post
    Yep, it's really gonna cost UCONN & Louis. to find somebody to play now. They could end up forking over nearly a mill to play Ark. St. What's that do to ticket sales, for that game aswell as the season tickets? You could even throw in the lost revenue from concessions and parking. A sell out just became a half empty stadium. What about the televised game with WVU that will likely not be televised?

Additionally, aren't the bowls gonna sue? They certainly have a beef. Anyhow, I could see it being TENS of millions of dollars.
    The most resent rumor I've heard from WVU posters is around $24 million to settle.