Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

I really think either VT must have turned them down

or Missouri simply approached the SEC whereas VT did not. There is no doubt in my mind that the SEC would have preferred VT to Missouri. Geographically, it would have made much more sense to put them in the SEC East than Missouri. Culturally, VT is a better fit (remember, Mizzou made no secret that in a perfect world, they wanted the Big-10). And the DC market trumps whatever Midwest market Missouri is bringing.

dumb question but what exactly does AAU membership buy you? is it equivalent to paying $10 for national honor society membership in HS to right down on applications? you know, something that anyone with half a brain can figure out without having you write it down.

Quote Originally Posted by gern View Post
    dumb question but what exactly does AAU membership buy you? is it equivalent to paying $10 for national honor society membership in HS to right down on applications? you know, something that anyone with half a brain can figure out without having you write it down.

It's a bit more prestigious than that. It's almost like being in MENSA for a university.
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

Quote Originally Posted by I85Hokie View Post
    or Missouri simply approached the SEC whereas VT did not. There is no doubt in my mind that the SEC would have preferred VT to Missouri. Geographically, it would have made much more sense to put them in the SEC East than Missouri. Culturally, VT is a better fit (remember, Mizzou made no secret that in a perfect world, they wanted the Big-10). And the DC market trumps whatever Midwest market Missouri is bringing.
    Agree