Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1234567812 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by FloydsBarberShop View Post
    I just don't get it. This old dog is frustrated.
    Well I am finding it easier to use.

Sent from my rotary dial phone.

Agreed. The old format was unique, but now TSL is trying to be like the other message board formats, but it's just not happening. If I want the Rivals or Scout format, I'll go to those boards. I loved TSL because of its awesome format. Now? Not so much

Quote Originally Posted by Duckpond Hokie View Post
    Not only less interesting, but a whole lot less posts. Plus it takes longer for everything to load. It mostly makes me feel like no one else is out there. Front page is boring, and everything is dull and sterile feeling. Sorry Will, hope you don't loose advertisers because of slow traffic. This now feels like copy cat of scout (college) boards. Not inviting.
    You do know it's the off-season right? The board always slows down in the off-season.....nothing new. I am a huge fan of the new board and it is loading very fast for me (on Chrome)

I can live with it, but it seems like TSL has lost its soul...it will probably just take time to adapt. Still, all I ever wanted was to be able to edit and delete a post. I'm sure after a while everyone will learn to like it more than the old board.

Well, I've spent two and a half weeks now helping people, explaining why the changes were made, etc. I can't do it anymore, and it's time to move on. I will continue to help people of course, but repeating the reasons why the change was necessary, and why we went in the direction we did, is getting to be counterproductive and a waste of time. We did what we had to do, and some liked it and some didn't. The old format is gone, and it's not coming back, and everyone will make their own decisions about whether they're going to visit the site more, less, or not at all.
    Always use "Reply With Quote", so everyone knows to whom you're responding.

Quote Originally Posted by HokiePride81 View Post
    Agreed. The old format was unique, but now TSL is trying to be like the other message board formats, but it's just not happening. If I want the Rivals or Scout format, I'll go to those boards. I loved TSL because of its awesome format. Now? Not so much
    You do realize that this format is used on tons of message boards out there right? This isn't about "trying to be like" anyone. This was about needing to update software and going with a proven affordable off-the-shelf system. It's not the "Scouts or Rivals" format. It's pretty much the standard format for almost every forum out there.

If you ask will, its alot slower than last January. And we should have alot more action with as HUGE as this signing day could be for us.

The format has definitely gotten rid of some people. The sabre is more active than TSL right now.

Quote Originally Posted by Techsupport View Post
    I can live with it, but it seems like TSL has lost its soul...it will probably just take time to adapt. Still, all I ever wanted was to be able to edit and delete a post. I'm sure after a while everyone will learn to like it more than the old board.
    Yeah, we've lost alot of the old timers that made TSL different than others.

Good lord man. I'm 60 and can adapt. It is different.......so is my 18 year old child. Pick it up.

and I don't go to those boards either