Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 378910111213
    Quote Originally Posted by DeBord View Post
    Daggone, this thread has some legs! Started January 27.
    Not that anybody using the old format would notice.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoakie82 View Post
    That's what makes this new format so great! We get to really delve into a topic over & over & over & over & over & over & over. TIC lol
    Better than 20 different threads on the same topic
    When replying to a specific post, use Reply With Quote

Hokie!
    Agree. I spent a lot more time on TSL with the old format. Was much cleaner, user-friendly and fun. And it did not require a tutorial to use.

Quote Originally Posted by avhokie View Post
    Better than 20 different threads on the same topic
    I've excepted that this is our new board. I just don't see how this board is superior to the old format, other than the ease of linking pics, video's, or inserts. Take for instants the big blow up over CSG's dismissal. We still had a dozen or so threads about the topic. You couldn't see what was being said in any one of them unless you delve into each one individually, rather than just scanning down the page and jumping in where you wanted to.
    I find myself generally posting in 2 or 3 threads and than responding to any replies to those threads and skipping the rest.
    I understand the reason's for the change but I am disappointed with the outcome. This is not a reflection at all on Chris or Will. I'm sure they did the best they could. I still rather be a member than not be a member but it's no where near as fun. Maybe, some people's brains think differently.

Quote Originally Posted by Hoakie82 View Post
    Take for instants the big blow up over CSG's dismissal. We still had a dozen or so threads about the topic.
    Most likely that is because 1) people aren't sorting by latest post so the hot topics don't stay up at the top for them and 2) people aren't looking at the board in general before posting (no different than before)

You couldn't see what was being said in any one of them unless you delve into each one individually, rather than just scanning down the page and jumping in where you wanted to.
    That's based on the view you've chosen. In the Linea view (which I use), I can quickly see an entire thread with all replies. I will give you that the downside to this is that it's harder to follow a specific path within the thread, but as long as you use Reply With Quote, it's not that difficult to follow. That's why this format is pretty much the standard on the internet.
    When replying to a specific post, use Reply With Quote

Quote Originally Posted by avhokie View Post
    That's based on the view you've chosen. In the Linea view (which I use), I can quickly see an entire thread with all replies. I will give you that the downside to this is that it's harder to follow a specific path within the thread, but as long as you use Reply With Quote, it's not that difficult to follow. That's why this format is pretty much the standard on the internet.
    I may go back and try that view again but from what I remember you have to do a lot of scrolling up and down and you end up getting carpal tunnel syndrome. lol

I'm out. Time for a beer.

I agree 100% It sucks now