ncsu
    Clemson
    USC-e

South:
    UGA
    GT
    FSU
    Florida

the top FBS public schools from PA to Florida with WVU, Kentucky and Tennessee flanking the west...it give pipe dreams a bad name, but THAT would be my perfect 16 team conference...
    Drop the "north" for Alabama, Auburn, Ole Miss, & LSU and it would be perfect. Need 20? Add Arkansas, Texas, Texas A&M, and Oklahoma.

Not sure why the SEC won't play nine conference games

The Big-12 and PAC-10 don't have a problem with this. Maybe they think the 4-5 home-away split causes too many problems. I don't see the problem myself - in years when a team has only 4 home conference games, they still have room to schedule a couple of OOC I-AA cream puffs to get to 6 home games. Heck, most of them seem to do that already anyway. And for some reason, they like to play one of them in November.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex-Mex View Post
    Certainly not a stretch to imagine that this is what the SEC wants. The bigger question is, under what circumstances could VT be convinced to make the move?

http://outkickthecoverage.com/secs-f...ns-of-four.php
    $84 million a year might do the trick

It would cut into the total number of SEC games that could be telecast; one conference game vs. two non-conference games.