Page 3 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by KingslandHokie View Post
    Rivals is projecting Kirven to Tennessee and 247Sports seems to think it's Ohio State or WVU for Caleb. Ekanem is projected by Rivals to go to ND. Apparently, Kirven being projected to go UT is because he made some sort of statement about how "he plans to shock the world."
    You're a VT fan and you use 247Sports??? Most blatant bias against VT out there. Jamie Oakes could NOT be a bigger homer for the Wahoos. C'mon Kingsland, Get your stuff together my man!

Quote Originally Posted by VT73 View Post
    Fact is - we only want the kids who want to play for us. The rest of them can go somewhere else, and we will be just fine, as we have been for a couple of decades now.

No... Our staff wants all 3 of these kids. Bad.
    Last edited by danville hokie; Tue Jan 24 2012 at 09:57 PM.

Like he said, 6/6 analysts for Rivals, 2/2 analysts from Scout. We're fine.

Quote Originally Posted by HokieJ2004 View Post
    From reading the UT board, I get the feeling that this isn't an official parent visit. Seems like his parents are going on their own to just check out the school and its academics (not football related). UT folks also feel that Korren himself likes UT but his parents are big on VT. We'll see in a week!
    Whoa ... the 'rents prefer VT? That's a change from the usual!

Rivals is projecting Kirven to Tennessee and 247Sports seems to think it's Ohio State or WVU for Caleb. Ekanem is projected by Rivals to go to ND. Apparently, Kirven being projected to go UT is because he made some sort of statement about how "he plans to shock the world."
    Anything is possible with 17 and 18 year old kids, but the job of these RECRUITING/SCOUTING SERVICES is to sell subscriptions and get fans interested. They know that the SEC and Notre Dame fans follow recruiting more so than most fan bases.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Hokie View Post
    Anything is possible with 17 and 18 year old kids, but the job of these RECRUITING/SCOUTING SERVICES is to sell subscriptions and get fans interested. They know that the SEC and Notre Dame fans follow recruiting more so than most fan bases.
    This^^. andd 216sports is one of the worst offenders

I'm banking on CC's guts, go Hokies on Sign Day, the day most games are won or lost 3 years hence.

On another note, I hope you're right. I really hope we can somehow get 2/3. I was feeling good about it before reading those projections. The UT board thinks Kirven is in the bag.
    247 is worthless...until they actually have a vt site attached. They have approximately 20 schools so far...and the rank/discuss them according.

help me out...what are these fellas rated? stars-wise...

all 4* according to Rivals