Page 1 of 11 1234567 ... LastLast

Recruiting services are predicting another epic fail on Signing Day for us

Caleb, Kirven, and Ekanem are all predicted to go elsewhere. For that matter, in Kirven's case, they don't even think we're in the mix. It's apparently between Bama/Tennessee for him. Why is VT recruiting an epic fail on Signing Day seemingly every year?

Quote Originally Posted by KingslandHokie View Post
    Caleb, Kirven, and Ekanem are all predicted to go elsewhere. For that matter, in Kirven's case, they don't even think we're in the mix. It's apparently between Bama/Tennessee for him. Why is VT recruiting an epic fail on Signing Day seemingly every year?
    Where are you hearing/getting this? Links? We lead for Caleb. We lead for Ekanem. Kirven seems down to us and Tennessee and we have his last visit this upcoming weekend......

Rivals is projecting Kirven to Tennessee and 247Sports seems to think it's Ohio State or WVU for Caleb. Ekanem is projected by Rivals to go to ND. Apparently, Kirven being projected to go UT is because he made some sort of statement about how "he plans to shock the world."

On another note, I hope you're right. I really hope we can somehow get 2/3. I was feeling good about it before reading those projections. The UT board thinks Kirven is in the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by KingslandHokie View Post
    On another note, I hope you're right. I really hope we can somehow get 2/3. I was feeling good about it before reading those projections. The UT board thinks Kirven is in the bag.
    The Rivals article I read yesterday has 6 "experts" projecting all 3 to VT.

FWIW, I feel very good about Caleb and pretty good on Ekanem. Less good about Kirven than I did a few days ago, but that's not due to any inside sources. Just a gut feel. I know he really likes his recruiting coach at Tennessee. He just got to Tennessee after coaching at Bama this past season.

Question?, When has parents gone on a official or unofficial without the recruite in question. May happen all the time but Tenn for KK is the first I have heard of it. Is it legal to entertain the parents without recruite? Thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie Finally View Post
    Question?, When has parents gone on a official or unofficial without the recruite in question. May happen all the time but Tenn for KK is the first I have heard of it. Is it legal to entertain the parents without recruite? Thoughts!
    Sure, as long as they pay for the trip themselves I believe.

The big thing driving it in Tennessee's favor is Sal Sunseri. He was Alabama's associate head coach. He just took a spot on the Tennessee staff. Kirven always liked him.

I think it's a mistake, if he does choose UT, because that staff isn't likely to be together for anymore than another year or two, but whatever.

Question?, When have parents gone on a official or unofficial without the recruite in question. May happen all the time but Tenn for KK is the first I have heard of it. Is it legal to entertain the parents without recruite? Thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by Hokie Finally View Post
    From reading the UT board, I get the feeling that this isn't an official parent visit. Seems like his parents are going on their own to just check out the school and its academics (not football related). UT folks also feel that Korren himself likes UT but his parents are big on VT. We'll see in a week!

Because the 25 we have committed are one of our best classes ever.
    I don't always talk to UVa Grads but when I do I always order the Large Fries.