Which means no Notre Dame to ACC for now.

what is it, 1/2 conf was a midmajor in 2011? It is funny to see Navy playing a game on 2nd sat in Dec... after BE CG. That just doesn't seem right to me.

Why would Navy's decision affect ND in any way? That is something I haven't understood. ND wants access to BCS-tier games. Not sure how BCS will change (is it just 1v2 or will there still be a "pool" of eligible teams) but if ND gets a midmajor clause (only auto if top 4) w/o guaranteed annual payout, their athletic dept might reconsider.

Quote Originally Posted by gern View Post
    what is it, 1/2 conf was a midmajor in 2011? It is funny to see Navy playing a game on 2nd sat in Dec... after BE CG. That just doesn't seem right to me.
    BEFC still only has 11 teams, so no CCG...yet. i know it's a long shot, but what if the new BCS structure includes a "final four" to be played the 2nd Sat in December and Navy is somehow included as the BEFC champ? with Navy in a conference, i think the Army/Navy game may be on the move. Thanksgiving weekend? pre-season kickoff classic? i'm not sure, but playing it after the season is over might not make sense any more.

if they move Navy-Army, it loses *LOTS* of magic. If you make it a kickoff game, other school fans won't go out of their way to watch. If you put it Thanksgiving, it gets lost in tons of rivalry games involving better teams. It is simply a shame that a US military academy ruins that tradition for a $.

if they move Navy-Army, it loses *LOTS* of magic. If you make it a kickoff game, other school fans won't go out of their way to watch. If you put it Thanksgiving, it gets lost in tons of rivalry games involving better teams. It is simply a shame that a US military academy ruins that tradition for a $.
    I doubt the Army-Navy game would be played during Thanksgiving since their cadets and midshipmen go home for a rare and much needed 2-3 day vacation. The USMA and Naval Academy would possibly play, as they normally do, the Saturday after championship weekend (2nd Saturday in December). It's possible for Navy to play in the BEFC Championship game and then play Army the following Saturday in Philly, NY, or DC. It will still be the Army-Navy game and the only only FBS college game being played that Saturday.

if (big if) Navy loses BE, then having 1 gm left would potentially affect bowl selection, right? I dunno. I see the scheduling angle (e.g., most teams don't want to play OOC in Nov) but it seems like they just killed a tradition. If I had to guess, Army-Navy will now be equivalent to one of those teams playing Air Force, when was the last time the nation tuned in for that game?

if the 4 team playoff comes to be, the Army-Navy game may have to share that Saturday with the National Semi-Final games which would mean the game is lost anyway. i agree that it sucks it will change, but i think it's inevitable now...

Quote Originally Posted by BUGGZY View Post
    if the 4 team playoff comes to be, the Army-Navy game may have to share that Saturday with the National Semi-Final games which would mean the game is lost anyway. i agree that it sucks it will change, but i think it's inevitable now...
    The FBS National Semi-Final games could be played on New Year's Day and the FBS (BCS) Championship game a week later? Problem with having Championship game a week after New Year's Day would be scheduling the game with the NFL Playoffs unless the playoff games are played during the day and the BCS Championship game is played during the evening (if played on Saturday). The BCS Semi-finals could also be played on the 3rd Saturday in December (one afternoon and one evening game), but the problem would be conflicting final exams even though the FCS playoffs are played during exams too. That would still leave the Army-Navy game as the only FBS game played the 2nd Saturday in December, like it normally is. I hope that the networks work out a plan that would still showcase the Army-Navy game.