Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Lakeridgehokie View Post
    Can we just let them take BC for free?
    For free? Heck, IMO, the ACC should give Big12 or anyone who would have Fredo, money to taking them.

That goes for Sara also, and they aren't even in the conference, yet.

Why do people consider NC as running ACC? You have 4 schools out of 12 (assuming they all vote together). Add in Pitt and Syr and that drops to 4 of 14. They had a lot of pull when the conf was 9 teams but I thought the voting was based on % of schools.

Besides that, I can't come up with *ANY* reason an ACC school would move to B12. B10, maybe (doubtful for long time ACC schools) but a tu-centric B12 move would be retarded on so many levels. If you don't like NC-ACC, you'll hate tu-B12.

Quote Originally Posted by IAHokie View Post
    Sounds like WVU is starting to get lonely.
    WVU needs to get its lawsuit with the BE settled PDQ.

Glen Allen, VA (far western Henrico County)
    Quote Originally Posted by hokiedokie1 View Post
    http://www.eerinsider.com/2012-artic...arget-acc.html

I think this is a real stretch. You also have to consider the source.
    Yup. Any source with the term "eer" in it should be subject to skepticism. A lot of wishful thinking from that bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by Culpeper Hokie View Post
    Yup. Any source with the term "eer" in it should be subject to skepticism. A lot of wishful thinking from that bunch.
    Indeed...I wish we could win 3 BCS games against favored opponents from the ACC, SEC, and Big 12. I wish we could go to the Dance and make some noise. I wish our sports programs were good enough across the board to place highly in the Director's Cup.
    Evidently, we're rubbing the magic lamp the right way.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddywolf View Post
    Indeed...I wish we could win 3 BCS games against favored opponents from the ACC, SEC, and Big 12. I wish we could go to the Dance and make some noise. I wish our sports programs were good enough across the board to place highly in the Director's Cup.
    Evidently, we're rubbing the magic lamp the right way.
    You guys have a very successful athletic program. That doesn't mean there hasn't been a bunch of hooey re: conference realignment spread through WVU websites. According to y'alls gurus WVU has been like 8 hours away from an SEC invite maybe 15-20 times this past fall.

Good luck in the Big 12; hopefully you can extricate yourselves from the BE and join next summer.
    Last edited by mancunian; Wed Jan 25 2012 at 12:59 PM.

so you believe half the ACC is leaving to go B12? That sure seemed like the premise of the original post to me.

No...but one thing is for sure, and that is no one really knows where all this will end up. Evidently, geography and long-time affiliations are irrelevant. At this point, it seems most anything is possible if the dollars are right. BTW, a recent source suggests Louisville and BYU are likely next to the Big Twelve.

Bunch of hooey on WVU sites? Surely you jest, and I will bear witness to the consistent, coherent and cogent thought emanating from TSL at all times and in all regards.

As to the Big 12...thanks. We'll see when (and I suppose if) it comes to pass. One thing is for sure...it'll be weird playing "out there." I'm gonna miss the BIG EAST basketball...of course, since you guys took the Cuse and Pitt it wouldn't be the same anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Muddywolf View Post
    Bunch of hooey on WVU sites? Surely you jest, and I will bear witness to the consistent, coherent and cogent thought emanating from TSL at all times and in all regards.

As to the Big 12...thanks. We'll see when (and I suppose if) it comes to pass. One thing is for sure...it'll be weird playing "out there." I'm gonna miss the BIG EAST basketball...of course, since you guys took the Cuse and Pitt it wouldn't be the same anyway.
    I suspect a lot of the "WVU to SEC--imminent" talk on eer boards this fall was because of tight sphincters and sweaty-palmed desperation, so I can't really blame you guys. I know we were all suffering from indisgestion during the 2003 move to the ACC; however, a chimp, comparing TSL to eer-info sources, would be able to see a marked difference in logic and quality of thought that favors Hokie-nation.

Just make sure you get out of the BE before Big Tex screws you out of a B-12 shot.
    Last edited by mancunian; Wed Jan 25 2012 at 07:48 PM.