Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Big 12 to Target ACC schools -- eerinsider

http://www.eerinsider.com/2012-artic...arget-acc.html

"Several of the schools, who value football more than basketball, are simply tired of North Carolina and the rest of Tobacco Road running the conference without thought to what's best for the entire league -- sound familiar?
    ACC football schools such as Florida State, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Pitt and Maryland and BC have spoken with the Big 12 over the past few months about switching leagues despite the buyout the ACC added last fall to curtail such moves."

I think this is a real stretch. You also have to consider the source.

They can have Wake and BC. And Syracuse once they join.

Quote Originally Posted by hokiedokie1 View Post
    You also have to consider the source.
    no doubt...i read this over the weekend and when i couldn't find ANY other sites, Big12, ACC or otherwise, reporting or verifying this report, i decided to dismiss it.

that said, i was initially intrigued by a visual in my head of VT, FSU, Miami, GT, Clemson, and WVU anchoring an Eastern Division of a league with Texas and Oklahoma in the west. then i put down my drink and moved on...

"Several of the schools, who value football more than basketball, are simply tired of North Carolina and the rest of Tobacco Road running the conference without thought to what's best for the entire league -- sound familiar?
    ACC football schools such as Florida State, Clemson, Georgia Tech, Pitt and Maryland and BC have spoken with the Big 12 over the past few months about switching leagues despite the buyout the ACC added last fall to curtail such moves."
    Lol, thanks for the laugh! The NC block doesn't hold a candle to Big TX when it comes to controlling it's conference members.
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

Excellent point!

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
    Lol, thanks for the laugh! The NC block doesn't hold a candle to Big TX when it comes to controlling it's conference members.

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post

Also, one of the MAIN ACC attractions is equal revenue sharing. They don't do that in the Big XII. The ACC may eventually lose a school to the SEC, but I don't see anyone jumping ship for the Big XII. That'd be ludicrous.

And while I'm at it... I can't fathom an ACC school jumping for the SEC either. MAYBE Florida State considers a move, but our administration has made it very clear that we are very happy in the ACC. Clemson and Georgia Tech both value their academic standing too much to drop from the ACC to the SEC in that respect.
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

That's about the most ridiculous article that I've read about college expansion/realignment. There must be some good weed in them hills in West Virginia.

I am going to go out on a limb here and state that that report is rubbish.

I think this is a real stretch. You also have to consider the source.
    Sounds like WVU is starting to get lonely.

Can we just let them take BC for free? Maybe I am in the minority but I would take UConn over BC any day. I am not a fan of Calhoun (cheater) but they have pretty good teams in most sports. And the ACC would get even more love from ESPN as UConn is their home team.