Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

He may not necessarily always play "fast", but at this point I think hes got a little "paralysis by analysis" going on...he's physically and mentally young...with time, he'll be just fine....

Well, given your track record for predictions....

"I don't see us winning ANY games from here on out, DONT WASTE YOUR TIME WATCHING THIS HOT MESS OF A TEAM IVE ALREADY GVEN UP 4 THE YEAR!!!"

...I think we would be foolish to take this assessment of yours as anything but great news for DFS!

Quote Originally Posted by BIGHokieChris34 View Post
    even Rankin
    Once Finney-Smith puts on some more weight and gains experience, he'll be a match up problem for most teams.

All his posts are moronic. Best to put the iggy on because his hoops ignorance is incredible. He makes Sarah Palin seem a Rhodes Scholar.

Quote Originally Posted by Cvillehoops13 View Post
    He's already one of the best rebounding guards in the league. The reality is that because he's never been an offensive star he's had a hard time finding a role and his lack of strength has hurt him defensively at times as well. Ultimately he's going to be fine but even playing high level bball in HS and AAU it's a new game getting used to the strength and size of college players, his size still gives him an advantage but it isn't coming as easily as it has in the past.

Finney-Smith is going to be a star for VT as an all-around player but it takes time.
    I really don't see him playing as a guard at the offensive end -- can't create his own shot, good ball handler for his size but not for a guard, and his perimter shooting is not very good. Will be a much better wing (3 or 4 in todays terminology) than a guard (1 or 2) IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by 133743Hokie View Post
    I really don't see him playing as a guard at the offensive end -- can't create his own shot, good ball handler for his size but not for a guard, and his perimter shooting is not very good. Will be a much better wing (3 or 4 in todays terminology) than a guard (1 or 2) IMO.
    We play a point and two wings as guards and then depending on the line-up we play two bigs or more likely an inside-out guy at the 4 (or even another guard) and a big at the 5.

I think Finney-Smith's future is on the wing because he's best suited to guard perimeter players imo, the offensive game will come, just needs to adapt his skills a bit.

That's really, really dumb. He's halfway through his first season, and he's played well. He's not Michael Jordan or Kyrie Irving. He's also most certainly not whatsoever over his head in the ACC. You might be over your head spewing nonsense and missing everything on an ACC message board. (Etc!)
    Give me crowd noise and cannons.
    -Dave Woods, Richmond

Classless and OUT of YOUR MIND!

He seems content with being a distributor than scorer. Nothing wrong with this unless he starts passing up good shots.