Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

yeah...that play where he flung himself on the court getting after a loose ball was just horrible effort...you know, diving headlong into the hardwood....real slacker play...

The effort part concerns me. You got to grind through your struggles. We really need some contribution from him - not necessarily points.

I don't think that's true at all - he's jus a freshman and is playing like it

Quote Originally Posted by BIGHokieChris34 View Post
    not an ACC caliber player....in over his head etc.
    He's already one of the best rebounding guards in the league. The reality is that because he's never been an offensive star he's had a hard time finding a role and his lack of strength has hurt him defensively at times as well. Ultimately he's going to be fine but even playing high level bball in HS and AAU it's a new game getting used to the strength and size of college players, his size still gives him an advantage but it isn't coming as easily as it has in the past.

Finney-Smith is going to be a star for VT as an all-around player but it takes time.

Quote Originally Posted by Cvillehoops13 View Post
    He's already one of the best rebounding guards in the league. The reality is that because he's never been an offensive star he's had a hard time finding a role and his lack of strength has hurt him defensively at times as well. Ultimately he's going to be fine but even playing high level bball in HS and AAU it's a new game getting used to the strength and size of college players, his size still gives him an advantage but it isn't coming as easily as it has in the past.

Finney-Smith is going to be a star for VT as an all-around player but it takes time.
    He's still getting used to the speed of the game too. I'm really not expecting a lot more from him until he has a year under his belt and can get stronger. I thought he was a forward.

Well said...I didn't notice any lack of effort.

You forgot the "tic"...or that's a stupid post...its disappointing to see how bad of a shooter he is but he does know the game and is a good rebounder and passer. He needs to bulk up and shoot about 1,000 shots a day in the offseason...he could be great if he becomes an outside shooting threat

When all is said and done, Finney-Smith will be one of the top 10 or 15 players ever to wear a Virginia Tech basketball uniform.

Yup- he'll be a different player once he gains some muscle.

HIGHLY doubt that...Robert Brown will be a better player at careers end than DFS...

even Rankin
    Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Hokie View Post
    When all is said and done, Finney-Smith will be one of the top 10 or 15 players ever to wear a Virginia Tech basketball uniform.