Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

So whats going on with Finney-Smith?

He seems so much less agressive at both ends of the court.

not an ACC caliber player....in over his head etc.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGHokieChris34 View Post
    For the time being, at least. I think he can be a good ACC player. Heck, I used to look at Erick Green and think he was too skinny and too untalented to be an ACC point guard. He has turned out to be a lot better than I thought he could ever be. So Do-do's got time. He needs to get some confidence, get some muscle, and work hard.

Quote Originally Posted by BIGHokieChris34 View Post
    Like your 0-16 post? Yeah buddy, you should talk about somebody being over their head.

I assumed the post was tongue in cheek. Perhaps I still have too much faith in basketball message board posters even after the past week.

I disagree. He certainly is an ACC-caliber freshman.

Quote Originally Posted by Will Stewart View Post
    For the time being, at least. I think he can be a good ACC player. Heck, I used to look at Erick Green and think he was too skinny and too untalented to be an ACC point guard. He has turned out to be a lot better than I thought he could ever be. So Do-do's got time. He needs to get some confidence, get some muscle, and work hard.
    Did I hear correctly on HHL last week thinking that Seth mentioned looking at DF-S at PG in the future?

DFS was the top AAA player in Virginia last year, and a huge get for our program. Give the kid a break. He's going to be a great player when given the chance to mature physically and get some ACC seasoning. He's not a big-time scorer, but will be a great rebounder who has a fantastic feel for the game. Every other team in the ACC would love to have him - be glad he's a Hokie!

I think he'll be fine, but his #s certainly have dropped... he was averaging 8 pts/game through the first 13 games and has only averaged 2.1 pts/game during the last 6 games.

Confidence looks shot! Not playing with much effort either.***

nm