Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

I would put BC in the Coastal then Pitt and Cuse in the Atlantic with Pitt/VT and Cuse/BC being crossovers. If there is not switching to be done, then Cuse in the Coastal makes the most sense as long as we can swap BC for Pitt.

Going to 16 would be good if we could add two northern schools and end up in a pod with UVA, UMD, and Pitt then play two from every other pod. I would set the pods up in pairs though so you were guaranteed to only play one from each pair. The pairs would be:

Cuse/BC
    New Schools (UConn, Rutgers or ND)

Pitt/UMD
    UVA/VT

UNC/NCSU
    Wake/Duke

GT/Clemson
    FSU/Miami

So we would always have a game in FL every other year, we'd have two games against NC teams (one public, one private), and we'd get to play in SC/GA every other year.

Quote Originally Posted by 4x4hokies View Post
    I would put BC in the Coastal then Pitt and Cuse in the Atlantic with Pitt/VT and Cuse/BC being crossovers. If there is not switching to be done, then Cuse in the Coastal makes the most sense as long as we can swap BC for Pitt.

Going to 16 would be good if we could add two northern schools and end up in a pod with UVA, UMD, and Pitt then play two from every other pod. I would set the pods up in pairs though so you were guaranteed to only play one from each pair. The pairs would be:

Cuse/BC
    New Schools (UConn, Rutgers or ND)

Pitt/UMD
    UVA/VT

UNC/NCSU
    Wake/Duke

GT/Clemson
    FSU/Miami

So we would always have a game in FL every other year, we'd have two games against NC teams (one public, one private), and we'd get to play in SC/GA every other year.
    For basketball, that would be okay with me, but for football, I don't want all 4 North Carolina schools in the same division. Your 4 divisions make sense geographically but the South is loaded with 4 of the top 6 football teams in the ACC. I think basketball may divide the ACC into true North and South divisions (North:BC, Cuse, Pitt, UConn or Rutgers, Notre Dame, MD, UVa, and VT AND South:UNC, NCSU, Wake, Duke, Clemson, GT, FSU, and Miami).

I think the 4 divisions for football could be:
    Div.A:VT, UVa, MD, Pitt
    Div.B:UNC, Duke, Clem., GT
    Div.C:Wake, NCSU, FSU, Miami
    Div.D:Cuse, ND, BC, Rutgers or UConn

Quote Originally Posted by GreatSmokieHokie View Post
    Your alignment places all of the fball power on one side, save VT.
    Yes but think for all the close away games in division with many tickets available to traveling Hokie fans.

I still say split the conference culturally instead of geographically. Divisions would be:

Us - i.e. the snooty basketball schools who long for the day when the ACC was THE ACC. For balance purposes, we'll include Syracuse just because they fit even though they aren't part of the old guard.
    UNC
    Duke
    NCSU
    Wake
    Virginia
    Maryland
    Syracuse

Them - i.e. the football schools the ACC puts up with to maintain conference viability
    Miami
    FSU
    Clemson
    GT
    Virginia Tech
    Pitt
    Boston College

Quote Originally Posted by Stech View Post
    If you go North and South. Then move Miami North because they are more northern (culture and student body wise) and NCSU to the South because they are more Southern and the Triangle is NOT going to be broken up. Again "if" you are going to make a change to North and South...here is how I see it with the cross overs it is pretty good schedule if you ask me. Especially with the cross over games.

North: Cross Over South:
    Miami vs FSU
    VT vs NCSU
    UVa vs UNC
    UMd vs Clemson
    Pitt vs GT
    BC vs Wake
    SU vs Duke
    I like the idea of moving Miami to the north. It's a better fit and it helps balance the divisions.

Quote Originally Posted by Old Line Hokie View Post
    For basketball, that would be okay with me, but for football, I don't want all 4 North Carolina schools in the same division. Your 4 divisions make sense geographically but the South is loaded with 4 of the top 6 football teams in the ACC. I think basketball may divide the ACC into true North and South divisions (North:BC, Cuse, Pitt, UConn or Rutgers, Notre Dame, MD, UVa, and VT AND South:UNC, NCSU, Wake, Duke, Clemson, GT, FSU, and Miami).

I think the 4 divisions for football could be:
    Div.A:VT, UVa, MD, Pitt
    Div.B:UNC, Duke, Clem., GT
    Div.C:Wake, NCSU, FSU, Miami
    Div.D:Cuse, ND, BC, Rutgers or UConn
    With 14 teams, there will be no divisional format in BB. Remains to be seen whether BB would adopt divisions if ACC goes to 16 teams.

Quote Originally Posted by Star City View Post
    Duke
    Georgia Tech
    Miami
    North Carolina
    Syracuse
    Virginia
    Virginia Tech

Boston College
    Clemson
    Florida State
    Maryland
    N.C. State
    Pittsburgh
    Wake Forest

OR

Boston College
    Duke
    Georgia Tech
    Miami
    North Carolina
    Virginia
    Virginia Tech

Clemson
    Florida State
    Maryland
    N.C. State
    Pittsburgh
    Syracuse
    Wake Forest

Both alignments allow for an annual Maryland vs Pittsburgh match-up with out disturbing long standing ACC rivalries.
    Any that puts Sara & Fredo in the opposite division from VT.

Put Pitt in the coastal. Because the mountains are so close to the Atlantic.