Presidents from Mountain West and CUSA to Meet in Dallas on Sunday

Finally, some conference realignment activity. It will be interesting to see how many teams end up making up the new football only conference and if Air Force stays put in MWC. I wouldn't be surprised if some WAC schools like LA Tech, San Jose State, or Utah State along with a school like Arkansas State from the Sun Belt try to get into the new conference. Right now, the MWC has 8 teams and CUSA has 9 teams.

is MAC trying to do anything? never seem to hear much about them

Quote Originally Posted by gern View Post
    is MAC trying to do anything? never seem to hear much about them
    I don't think so. UMass joins this year. IMHO, the MAC would be a good home for Army and Navy football.

Yep... With UMass coming on board, the MAC becomes a 14 team conference. They're probably pushing maximum density at this point. Besides, there aren't many options left for them. They are a Michigan-Ohio-Indiana league. Their footprint is almost entirely within Big Ten Country and there aren't many expansion options left without looking for something like WKU from the RUTS Belt, for example.
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!