Wow, I thought that was a heck of a football game.

Louisiana is in mourning this morning. LSU has a heck of a good football team, but 'Bama was ready and then some. That was the best D I have ever seen. Most good teams learn more from a loss (Hello Frank !?) than a win. If you look at the history of rematches it shows up big. Not quite fair LSU had to play them twice, but if there was a playoff the result for the final 2 would have been the same IMHO. Okie State is whining out loud and silently thanking their lucky stars they didn't have to be the ones to prove who #1 is.
    I wish my fellow Hokies would quit badmouthing the SEC. It just sounds like sour grapes and jealousy. Right now, they are IT. Not too long ago it was the state of Florida, 2/3 of which are now in the ACC, and all three of them are down, but they'll be back. Of course folks may still be whining for a playoff before that happens.

I was bored. For me, it wasn't so much that it was a defensive struggle, but that it was clear early on that it was going to be "Death by Field Goal" for LSU.

That's not a slight on either team, it was just an uncompetitive game.

Agreed. "Death by Field Goal" is no fun for anyone.

I thought Alabama had a great game plan on both sides of the ball. LSU didn't really make any adjustments from the first game to try and score more points. They relied on "making plays" rather than creating situations to help generate big plays. I thought Alabama's use of the short passing game on O was key. They knew LSU was going to play tight man coverage and focused on stopping the run. Alabaman made great use of their TE's in the short passing game. Alabama put LSU on their heels in the first half.

On D, Alabama was ready for the option. They mixed up their man and zone coverages and made Jordan Jefferson beat them with the passing game. Whenever you can make Jordan Jefferson beat you with the passing game, the D has won that battle.

The bottom line is that Alabama learned from the first game, LSU didn't...probably because they won. Both teams are very well coached, but Alabama did more on the game planning side and thus won a lopsided game.

Amen, could not watch after middle of 3 rd

I loved it as well. Yeah, it is painful to watch an offense struggle that much against a defense but it was against an all world team defense. Some guys on Alabama made themselves some money come April draft with that performance.

Of that starting 11 on D for Alabama, 8 are projected to be drafted in April, 3 of them in the first round. That is pretty amazing when 8 of the 11 are projected to be drafted, all inside the first 5 rounds.

Yeah I fell asleep in the 3rd. Didn't know who won til this am.

multi-quote?