Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Post I don't think anything will happen until the summer.

The next "big" event will most likely be the outcome of the WVU-Big East lawsuit. What comes from that will shed some light on how fast things will happen. The new Big East with the teams from the west won't last long, in my opinion. UConn and Rutgers will be looking for their first available out. The big fish, Notre Dame, probably won't decide anything until after UConn leaves the Big East or after it's determined whether or not they will get shut out of a BCS +1 or whatever the new BCS model is. When the road to the MNC becomes too narrow for their fat ego to squeeze through they will finally join a conference for football. Alabama has now caught up to them so they may be getting a bit more desperate. They haven't sniffed a MNC in like 20 years. How long can it possibly take for them to realize the new college football world order?

Quote Originally Posted by O'Shag76 View Post
    I don't see ND doing anything proactively. I think the next shoe will be Oklahoma leaving (and further destabilizing) the B12. I don't know if they will go to B10, SEC, or P12, but they will create a tidal wave when they do.
    Don't see the Pac12 or Big10 taking Oklahoma without Texas coming along. OU academics are a big stumbling block. I'd be willing to be the same issue for the SEC as well. SEC academics aren't great but I believe a combo of OU and OSU actually brings the USN&WR average further down and I had heard that the SEC was hoping to address the academics issue in their future expansion. So it really wouldn't be Oklahoma starting it, it would be Texas giving up on the Big12.

the WVU thing needs to be settled within weeks...it impacts WAY too many teams' schedules for next year. WVU wants out of the FSU game if they go to the Big12 which delays the ACC schedule in addition to the Big12 and BigEast schedules obviously being in flux. i think we see WVU join the Big12, but not play a full schedule or be able to win the league in 2012 while they still play a partial BigEast schedule. some sort of compromise like that is the most likely outcome IMO. play 3 BEFC Road Games, 2 home and 2 away games in the Big12 with 3 OOC games or something like that. for all sports other than football, they will join the Big12 as a full member immediately. all baseless specualtion on my point, but i think it's the only way to get them out of the BEFC this year.

I think if WVU doesn't want to play any Big East football this year they're no going to. They'll deal with the consequences, whatever they may be, down the road.
    *.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*.*. *.*.*.*.*.*

I just wish we would STOP with the zone blocking read option crap and line up in the I, put a hat on a hat and run the tailback behind the fullback through a designated gosh-danged hole. There is NO REASON why this program shouldn't be able to find 5 fat guys who can move some people out of the way and clear a lane for a back to get through!

if they lose that court case, it will be a *HUGE* fine with damages if I had to guess. Taking away 8 conference games in FB, 20(?) in BB, damages to BE "reputation", tv revenue for member schools, and a generic "damage" punishment. I'd guess something like $20-30mil easily (very easily). Not sure what WVU's pot is but that would be a huge stretch for VT to pull that out when we moved to ACC and our AD was in good shape.

I didn't think OU academics were issue, it was their moron cousins in Stillwater

ND is staying indy for the immediate future per the ACC Football Associate Commissioner on TTL in NOLA last Monday night. But he said ND has stated that the ACC IS their conference of choice when the time comes.

Quote Originally Posted by gern View Post
    I didn't think OU academics were issue, it was their moron cousins in Stillwater
    OSU is definitely worse, but OU's ranking alone was enough to keep them out of the Pac12. They were never getting in without Texas, and they certainly tried.

Utah is #124 in USNWR, Col #94... Okla #101. God, that P12 expansion was a turd and a half.

Yeah, Utah and Colo really didn't add much but enough to get to a championship game and the Denver market. After those joined the Pac12 had to look at incremental value. Oklahoma doesn't add much TV market wise and the academes in the PAC12 (Cal, Stanford) weren't about to add more schools at the low end of the scholastic spectrum.

Oklahoma really got a lesson in politics and their place in the world when they tried to bolt the Big12.