Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 45

Thread: VT at ND

  1. #31

    Join Date
    September 17, 2001
    Posts
    29,098
    Quote Originally Posted by Go VT View Post
    everytime i hear about digger i think...
    '73 NIT (won something like 3 games by 5 points - last one in OT over Digger's ND)
    "That's some catch, that Catch 22!" - Capt. Yossarian

  2. #32

    Join Date
    November 07, 1999
    Posts
    8,652
    Good grief - 17 turnovers.

  3. #33

    Join Date
    November 07, 1999
    Posts
    8,652
    Quote Originally Posted by TomTurkey View Post
    '73 NIT (won something like 3 games by 5 points - last one in OT over Digger's ND)
    It was actually 4 games by a total of 5 points. We wasted one point in the first game versus New Mexico :-).

    That was a sweet run!

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by DanNUandVT View Post
    He must be less than a 4 ppg guy.
    I guess so. Maybe that is the flaw in Coach Johnson's philosophy. Instead of trying to reduce the number of shots the opponent's take, he is banking on VT being able to outscore them.

  5. #35

    Join Date
    September 17, 2001
    Posts
    29,098
    Quote Originally Posted by VTChip View Post
    It was actually 4 games by a total of 5 points. We wasted one point in the first game versus New Mexico :-).

    That was a sweet run!
    Thanks. I'll never forget the SI article "Who's Afraid of Virginia Tech?"
    - The NIT committee picked Notre Dame and Virginia Tech and then got serious.
    - Notre Dame drew a bye and lost by 5.

    Cute stuff.
    "That's some catch, that Catch 22!" - Capt. Yossarian

  6. #36
    Bad decision to throw the ball into the low post with under 30 seconds to go and down by 6 points.

  7. #37

    Join Date
    January 27, 2001
    Posts
    1,806
    I know neither has done much today, but it might not be a bad idea to give Eddie or Smith a little PT right now, on the off chance that they can hit a shot or two to give us a chance.

  8. #38

    Join Date
    November 07, 1999
    Posts
    8,652
    Well, we didn't play well (as usual) but maybe Raines found the key to the doghouse.

  9. #39

    Join Date
    January 27, 2001
    Posts
    1,806
    Quote Originally Posted by DanNUandVT View Post
    I know neither has done much today, but it might not be a bad idea to give Eddie or Smith a little PT right now, on the off chance that they can hit a shot or two to give us a chance.
    Maybe melting the clock was a better idea anyway, though.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by DanNUandVT View Post
    Maybe melting the clock was a better idea anyway, though.
    Nothing beats seeing the team down assume the victory formation at the end of the game. That will definitely instill faith that the team will go down swinging

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •