Hello....I'm Duke. I shoot better from 3 than your men shoot from the foul line

As Frank Beamer says, "Jee-money Whiz!"

Seeing us against a Top-3 team shows everything that we don't have. Like more than one scoring option. Or anyone who can make 3s regularly. Or shot selection. Or in-your-face defense. Or home-cookin' from the officials. Or more than 2,000 Hokie fans in Cassell.

Oh how both our basketball programs have deteriorated to being the bottom-feeders of the ACC. We are hoops-irrelevant in a hoops-based conference.

Thank you, Mr. Weaver. Sincerely, may you live a long happy life in retirement. (Emphasis on "retirement.")

Quote Originally Posted by BlackFordRanger View Post
    Seeing us against a Top-3 team shows everything that we don't have. Like more than one scoring option. Or anyone who can make 3s regularly. Or shot selection. Or in-your-face defense. Or home-cookin' from the officials. Or more than 2,000 Hokie fans in Cassell.

Oh how both our basketball programs have deteriorated to being the bottom-feeders of the ACC. We are hoops-irrelevant in a hoops-based conference.

Thank you, Mr. Weaver. Sincerely, may you live a long happy life in retirement. (Emphasis on "retirement.")
    Eh...thats a little strong. I'm pleased with where the women's program seems to be heading. Really good progress the last couple years. Hell, if Duke shoots a normal 40% from three we're winning this game right now.

I'm focusing not solely on this game but on the season and the direction it projects too. And though it is improved (it could hardly be anything but), we are still on the verge of 0-4 in the ACC and still lack the athleticism and offensive prowess to compete in the sport's best conference.

That said, I'm loving the effort I'm observing right now. There is no lack of that, and that is perhaps the most important thing.

Maybe I'm projecting too much of my frustration from the men's side onto the women's. I just see that we still have a long way to go to get to the upper third of the ACC.