Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 11
  1. #1

    We need some footballers on the hoops team

    Calling all TE's. Cline, Bucky, malleck.

    It seems more and more NFL TE's were college hoops players.

    And the hoops team is in rough shape. Could be a long season.

  2. #2
    Might want to put in a call to Bryan Randall and Jeff King.
    LETS GO!!!

    HOKIES!!!

  3. #3
    Quote Originally Posted by kingofcassell View Post
    Calling all TE's. Cline, Bucky, malleck.

    It seems more and more NFL TE's were college hoops players.

    And the hoops team is in rough shape. Could be a long season.
    At this point I probably would settle for anyone on the rugby club team. At least they could bang around the boards and get a few more offensive rebounds.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    January 27, 2001
    Posts
    1,806
    Quote Originally Posted by VTHokie2000 View Post
    At this point I probably would settle for anyone on the rugby club team. At least they could bang around the boards and get a few more offensive rebounds.
    How about calling Cadarian Raines? He might be able to help some.

  5. #5
    Quote Originally Posted by DanNUandVT View Post
    How about calling Cadarian Raines? He might be able to help some.
    Rumor has it that Raines has forgone his remaining semester of eligibility and enlisted in the Cassell Guard since Coach Johnson will not let him see the court again this year.

  6. #6
    '07 national champions typed by ben's Avatar
    Join Date
    April 02, 2008
    Location
    Richmond, VA
    Posts
    2,456
    Quote Originally Posted by DanNUandVT View Post
    How about calling Cadarian Raines? He might be able to help some.
    ya hes got a lot of time on his hands.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by 133697Hokie View Post
    My father went to VT. My uncle went to VT. My brother-in-law went to VT. I went to VT. My son went to VT. I saw my first VT game in 1962. Can you top that? First time in my life anybody's ever called me a Hoo.

  7. #7
    'lag's Avatar
    Join Date
    September 15, 2005
    Location
    The lonesome road
    Posts
    28,559
    Quote Originally Posted by Enter Sandman View Post
    Might want to put in a call to Bryan Randall and Jeff King.
    I remember at the time a GT player commenting on a GT board "When was the last time you heard of a college BB walk-on"? about Jeff King and Bryan Randall playing. Jeff was a big boy, but he could dunk the basketball, though.
    For 26 laps back in the spring of 1960, he was BEHIND me, right there in my rearview mirror, that red, white and blue STP: James Massey (characterized in a song by Wild Ponies)

  8. #8

    Join Date
    January 01, 2005
    Location
    ATL
    Posts
    482
    Stick Logan and Cline out there. You want to be in the lane if LT is taking it to the hoop.

    Just kidding though - LT has too much to lose if he gets hurt.

  9. #9

    Join Date
    November 07, 1999
    Posts
    8,652
    Quote Originally Posted by Enter Sandman View Post
    Might want to put in a call to Bryan Randall and Jeff King.
    I remember that Duke win in Cassell. Jeff was clutch down the stretch.

  10. #10
    Melbourne Hokie's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 01, 2005
    Location
    In a series of tubes, filled mostly with cats
    Posts
    43,158
    Quote Originally Posted by 'lag View Post
    I remember at the time a GT player commenting on a GT board "When was the last time you heard of a college BB walk-on"? about Jeff King and Bryan Randall playing. Jeff was a big boy, but he could dunk the basketball, though.
    Julius Pepper played for UNC not that many season before Randall....

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •