Time to look for positives, I'll start...

Joey Z had possibly his best game of the season, and is turning into a credible ACC basketball player.
    "You start a conversation you can't even finish it
    You're talkin' a lot, but you're not sayin' anything
    When I have nothing to say, my lips are sealed
    Say something once, why say it again?"
    - David Byrne

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
    Joey Z had possibly his best game of the season, and is turning into a credible ACC basketball player.
    agreed. hopefully he can repeat last nights effort consistently. if he can develop the short range jumper and keep working on his hook...he could be very solid. his length on defense is great. imo, we've been missing a player with true center height (that actually plays) for a long time.

other than that...it was good to see wilson hit a couple of 3s and make some nice penetration against a solid defense. just have to finish and make your free throws.
    It's not that you are ignorant, it's just that you know so much that isn't so.

It was nice to see a couple dunks last night. We don't attack the rim enough.

Devin Wilson hitting some outside shots was nice to see. Emelogu coming up with that big three to tie after having a pretty terrible game was also nice.

JVZ is a role player but you have to be encouraged by his progress. Maybe he can get a couple low post moves in the next two years and make himself into a real ACC starter.

At least I know when I watch the game on TV that VT won't be shutout for the entire game. Even Champion Baptist College managed to score against Southern, who started out the game on a 44-0 run. Southern ended up winning the game 116-12 (score at half time was 57-6).

Quote Originally Posted by Edgeman View Post
    Tech's defense is giving up 68.1 ppg compared to 74.8 ppg last season. That's almost 7 less points allowed.

Is it a positive if I say that hopefully the new AD will start over fresh for the basketball program?
    "The early bird gets the worm, but the second mouse gets the cheese"

You can find mid-court seats on Stubhub for $15.

I always have empty seats around me to put my coat.

The basketballs are still round

Quote Originally Posted by HokieRat View Post
    Is it a positive if I say that hopefully the new AD will start over fresh for the basketball program?
    Yes, getting a new AD is very positive.

Also, JVZ is showing some potential that he can become a really good clean up player around the basket and play excellent defense. Has good hands, and also like the way he runs the floor. He doesn't have very good shooting touch and is going to need to make a lot of dunks, but I think he can bulk up and do that if his guards can get him the ball in the right position, also improves his rebounding fundamentals for more offensive stick backs. He looks like a keeper to me.