Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Coming to VT? I'm just stating that people on here are posting like he's not good enough for VT. Just read the posts here. Me, I think he's better than what folks are posting. Now, If he don't ,I hope it's Todd's decision Not to come. But they would be a fool not to ask. By the way, last year, he was Very interested to be a OL coach at VT. LSU & USC thinks he pretty good...NCHokie83...I agree with your last statement completely.

'07 national champions typed by ben's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JRHokie View Post
    I think if LSU and USC had a warm and fuzzy feeling for Todd Washington and I bet they had all the faith in the World he could Recruit and Coach at the College level. Last Time I checked, these two Colleges were Far ahead of VT in their Football program. I can't understand how VT fans think that One of Their Own isn't good enough!! Amazing ...
    im not feeling warm and fuzzy about the prospect of him choosing to return to tech, i should have said. his merits speak for themselves i would say, just dont see him coming here. IMO his name was thrown out there as a dream. but hey, with the way twitter works maybe itll get some buzz going.
    Last edited by typed by ben; Thu Jan 16 2014 at 01:58 PM.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by 133697Hokie View Post
    My father went to VT. My uncle went to VT. My brother-in-law went to VT. I went to VT. My son went to VT. I saw my first VT game in 1962. Can you top that? First time in my life anybody's ever called me a Hoo.

^^^^ I agree ^^^^^

Quote Originally Posted by NCHokie83 View Post
    My biggest concern is that, at the very least, Todd didn't have the warm and fuzzies for Southern Cal, despite a pretty nice offer. I don't think anyone is going to argue that a coaching job in LA paying GOOD money is preferable to a coach than a job in Blacksburg, and he already turned them down to stay in the NFL.

Now, he could certainly surprise me, but right now I just don't see Todd coming to Tech.
    Actually, I would argue that point. Personally, I'm a Virginia guy - certainly a southern boy. I have had opportunities to move far away and make more money, but have elected to stay close to home. Now perhaps the dollars were not comparable (they weren't), but I'll take the hills of Virginia over the congestion of Southern Cal all day long and the money simply doesn't matter.

Quote Originally Posted by VTChip View Post
    Actually, I would argue that point. Personally, I'm a Virginia guy - certainly a southern boy. I have had opportunities to move far away and make more money, but have elected to stay close to home. Now perhaps the dollars were not comparable (they weren't), but I'll take the hills of Virginia over the congestion of Southern Cal all day long and the money simply doesn't matter.
    Especially with kids age 8-14.
    I will never understand people.
    They're the worst!

Quote Originally Posted by VTChip View Post
    he grew up in the virginia beach area, lived in houston, san diego and now lives in baltimore so i'm not sure he has a problem with an urban environment. given the amount of money he turned down, my guess is that he's just not super excited about dropping down to the college ranks and would prefer to stay in the pros. can't blame him there. if it were me, i'd have zero interest in recruiting. it seems like it would suck.
    It's not that you are ignorant, it's just that you know so much that isn't so.

Quote Originally Posted by vthokiedsp View Post
    he grew up in the virginia beach area, lived in houston, san diego and now lives in baltimore so i'm not sure he has a problem with an urban environment. given the amount of money he turned down, my guess is that he's just not super excited about dropping down to the college ranks and would prefer to stay in the pros. can't blame him there. if it were me, i'd have zero interest in recruiting. it seems like it would suck.
    He grew up on Eastern Shore, not VB. Also, he now has kids, which may make Blacksburg look better. OTOH, it's a tough time to be a recruiter with three kids age 8-14.
    They're the worst!

Quote Originally Posted by 48zip View Post
    He grew up on Eastern Shore, not VB. Also, he now has kids, which may make Blacksburg look better. OTOH, it's a tough time to be a recruiter with three kids age 8-14.
    ah, did a quick look on google maps and thought it was on the hampton peninsula. it is across on the shore. he's been in baltimore with his family so my original comment still applies. personally, i think people give the "living in blacksburg" thing too much credence. to me, it comes down to him wanting to stay in the pros. unless he has head coaching aspirations and sees college as the fastest route to get there, why would he take a step down? to live in blacksburg? we will see though.

i just don't really see VT as a positive career move for him.
    It's not that you are ignorant, it's just that you know so much that isn't so.

ah, did a quick look on google maps and thought it was on the hampton peninsula. it is across on the shore. he's been in baltimore with his family so my original comment still applies. personally, i think people give the "living in blacksburg" thing too much credence. to me, it comes down to him wanting to stay in the pros. unless he has head coaching aspirations and sees college as the fastest route to get there, why would he take a step down? to live in blacksburg? we will see though.

I really don't disagree. I'm not an A-A, but I know that in the past there have been issues dealing with the relatively low ration within the community. While Blacksburg is a great place to raise kids, I can see where some might prefer to raise them in larger more diverse cities.
    They're the worst!

Not sure going from an NFL ASSISTANT OL coach to being a college OL coach is necessarily a step down, financially or status wise, or any other way you look at it. Coaches seem to move between the leagues pretty seamlessly, and there are tons of guys coaching in college that spent times coaching in the pros.