Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

I guess we need another Newsome, so it will give most of you posters Something to Bi%^& About. IMHO, He's over qualified and IF he came to VT, it would be because He's a VT Man. And he Loves VT. maybe Stiney could fill in till they found a Newsome Clone ...

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Coleman View Post
    It is, but I think he could do the job. USC offered him. LSU was very interested.

That said, he already turned down a very lucrative offer from USC.
    Maybe he turned down Southern Cal because he doesn't want to live out west again.
    "The point of the journey is not To Arrive"....Neil Peart

Would be nice to say I played O-Line at VT, made it to the NFL, won two Super Bowls.....can only help with recruiting....

Quote Originally Posted by JRHokie View Post
    I guess we need another Newsome, so it will give most of you posters Something to Bi%^& About. IMHO, He's over qualified and IF he came to VT, it would be because He's a VT Man. And he Loves VT. maybe Stiney could fill in till they found a Newsome Clone ...
    Overqualified? I assume you are talking about Washington, who is qualified for the job. He's never been THE offensive line coach, just the assistant. Now he'd get to run the OL show.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosnowahokie View Post
    Overqualified? I assume you are talking about Washington, who is qualified for the job. He's never been THE offensive line coach, just the assistant. Now he'd get to run the OL show.
    and he'd have to recruit. Just because he can coach, and he can play, he doesn't necessarily have the recruiting skills. OTOH, who knows? I'd assume he'd be coached up pretty quickly.
    I will never understand people.
    They're the worst!

I guess Moorehead was a bad choice since he had very little Recruiting experience ? Todd Washington would be a Great OL coach at VT, period. If USC and LSU wanted him, that should tell most of You Critics Something. But I doubt It.... Hell, Todd is over -qualified for VT , truth be known !

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Coleman View Post
    It is, but I think he could do the job. USC offered him. LSU was very interested.

That said, he already turned down a very lucrative offer from USC.
    Seriously, chris was is your take on TW coming to Tech and what are options do you see out there for good candidates? Please don't mention any current coaches.

'07 national champions typed by ben's Avatar
    i admittedly know nothing about bringing NFL guys back to college- but the prospect of him coming back doesnt give me a warm fuzzy feeling

yes hes an NFL OL ASSISTANT- but would coming back to tech as the OL coach really do much for him? not sure we can do anything to bump his salary. meet it, yes. like it was said above, if he comes here its because he loves VT

not only that but i have to wonder what his tenure would be if he did come back. we kept newsome so long because he was terrible and nobody else wanted to give him a job. get a ringer on the staff and look what happens.

all that taken into account, id bet we get somebody from the MAC that will get a raise and a higher profile job when he comes here.
    __________________________________________________ ____________________________________
    Quote Originally Posted by 133697Hokie View Post
    My father went to VT. My uncle went to VT. My brother-in-law went to VT. I went to VT. My son went to VT. I saw my first VT game in 1962. Can you top that? First time in my life anybody's ever called me a Hoo.

Quote Originally Posted by typed by ben View Post
    i admittedly know nothing about bringing NFL guys back to college- but the prospect of him coming back doesnt give me a warm fuzzy feeling

yes hes an NFL OL ASSISTANT- but would coming back to tech as the OL coach really do much for him? not sure we can do anything to bump his salary. meet it, yes. like it was said above, if he comes here its because he loves VT

not only that but i have to wonder what his tenure would be if he did come back. we kept newsome so long because he was terrible and nobody else wanted to give him a job. get a ringer on the staff and look what happens.

all that taken into account, id bet we get somebody from the MAC that will get a raise and a higher profile job when he comes here.
    I think if LSU and USC had a warm and fuzzy feeling for Todd Washington and I bet they had all the faith in the World he could Recruit and Coach at the College level. Last Time I checked, these two Colleges were Far ahead of VT in their Football program. I can't understand how VT fans think that One of Their Own isn't good enough!! Amazing ...

Quote Originally Posted by JRHokie View Post
    I think if LSU and USC had a warm and fuzzy feeling for Todd Washington and I bet they had all the faith in the World he could Recruit and Coach at the College level. Last Time I checked, these two Colleges were Far ahead of VT in their Football program. I can't understand how VT fans think that One of Their Own isn't good enough!! Amazing ...
    My biggest concern is that, at the very least, Todd didn't have the warm and fuzzies for Southern Cal, despite a pretty nice offer. I don't think anyone is going to argue that a coaching job in LA paying GOOD money is preferable to a coach than a job in Blacksburg, and he already turned them down to stay in the NFL.

Now, he could certainly surprise me, but right now I just don't see Todd coming to Tech.
    "I love it when you guys try to write off a Frank Beamer team -- no one is going to win this conference without Virginia Tech having some sort of say in it." - David Cutcliffe