Page 1 of 8 1234567 ... LastLast

Todd Washington and carry on...

Easy button time, and should work out pretty well...

I see he turned down USC(w) for the OL job. Do you think he'll come here because he is a Hokie?

Quote Originally Posted by JoesterVT View Post
    Drink better than eat.....eat better than no drink.

Quote Originally Posted by JoesterVT View Post
    just typing out loud.

no significant recruiting experience at a BCS level program. his previous college experience was with the university of san diego (not san diego state). at least grimes had national recruiting experience at a BCS program to offset the fact that he didn't have regional connections/networking. washington has neither.

other than his VT ties and some pro level experience, he doesn't really come across as a great hire. he could end up being a good one but it's a significant risk on the recruiting side of things.
    It's not that you are ignorant, it's just that you know so much that isn't so.

Quote Originally Posted by vthokiedsp View Post
    just typing out loud.

no significant recruiting experience at a BCS level program. his previous college experience was with the university of san diego (not san diego state). at least grimes had national recruiting experience at a BCS program to offset the fact that he didn't have regional connections/networking. washington has neither.

other than his VT ties and some pro level experience, he doesn't really come across as a great hire. he could end up being a good one but it's a significant risk on the recruiting side of things.
    It is, but I think he could do the job. USC offered him. LSU was very interested.

That said, he already turned down a very lucrative offer from USC.

Quote Originally Posted by Guy LeDouche View Post
    I see he turned down USC(w) for the OL job. Do you think he'll come here because he is a Hokie?
    Not only is he a Hokie, he's a Hokie from back when our offensive linemen blocked people with regularity. A homecoming of sorts, puff him up with a nice title (assoc/asst/Exec HC), and get him in here. He may not have much recruiting experience, but he knows the territory, will relate well to kids (especially those that think they can play in the league some day), and knows how to freakin block and teach blocking.

just typing out loud.

but if he wears his 2 Super Bowl rings into a kids' house, that could shorten his recruiting learning curve!
    "This no more resembles that than something unlike something else resembles that." - Loosely quoting PHNC

just typing out loud.

It is, but I think he could do the job. USC offered him. LSU was very interested.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Coleman View Post

In that case, I wouldn't put too much thought into getting him. Unlikely it happens.

At this point, I'm expecting VT to do what VT always does and promote from within. Bryan Stinespring will be our next OL coach.
    "I love it when you guys try to write off a Frank Beamer team -- no one is going to win this conference without Virginia Tech having some sort of say in it." - David Cutcliffe

Stiney was Todd's OL coach at VT. I wonder if they had/have a good relationship? If so, maybe Stiney can use his recruiting skills to try and get Todd to come back to Blacksburg.

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Coleman View Post
    It is, but I think he could do the job.
    yea, i'd have no problem with his coaching potential, his ability to get the line to play hard, or evaluate talent. two super bowl rings helps recruiting for sure. maybe it doesn't resonate with me because i don't see it as actually possible.

Quote Originally Posted by BUGGZY View Post
    but if he wears his 2 Super Bowl rings into a kids' house, that could shorten his recruiting learning curve!
    no diggity no doubt. moorehead definitely flashed his hardware.
    It's not that you are ignorant, it's just that you know so much that isn't so.