Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    That could be the reason for our current trend of collapsing with about 15 minutes to go. Happening right now, same as it has in the previous games. Tight score at 15 to go, blowout by 5 min to go.
    Quote Originally Posted by VTChip View Post
    Devon looks totally gassed.

Got to find it puzzling that JJ would rather play a walkon at PF, and our starting PF at C, while last year's starting center watches from the bench. Raines doesn't need to start over JVZ, but it's ridiculous that he doesn't replace him in the lineup while we're getting our butt's completely whipped and watching our lead turn into a major deficit.

Quote Originally Posted by vatechcowpatty View Post
    Got to find it puzzling that JJ would rather play a walkon at PF, and our starting PF at C, while last year's starting center watches from the bench. Raines doesn't need to start over JVZ, but it's ridiculous that he doesn't replace him in the lineup while we're getting our butt's completely whipped and watching our lead turn into a major deficit.
    Can't believe he hasn't played. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by hoosnowahokie View Post
    Can't believe he hasn't played. Ridiculous.
    Does anybody have an idea what he did to get buried so deep in the doghouse? It can't only be the tweet about missing Greenberg, since he was already seemingly in the doghouse before that.

Big shot by Emelgou to tie it with under 2:00. A win would be really nice.

Poor officiating at the end. Even worse free throw shooting and decision making on our part.

Quote Originally Posted by DanNUandVT View Post
    Does anybody have an idea what he did to get buried so deep in the doghouse? It can't only be the tweet about missing Greenberg, since he was already seemingly in the doghouse before that.
    it's only speculation but it what i read was about effort and desire. maybe raines has given up? we don't know. we don't know about rankin so we can only speculate and read rumors. i'd like to know to figure out whether its jj or the players. doubt i will though.
    Cast off the shoes and follow the gourd!

When our PG is our worst free throw shooter, it says much of what you need to know about VT. That is amazing. Not just one game. If he would have made 80% of his free throws we would have won last game, and might have won this one.

31.3 percent from 3...28.6 percent from the FREE throw line. that is pathetic...is that on the players or the coaches? i've always been told that at this point of the season, that is on the players.

i almost wish they would make them shoot granny style no matter how stupid they think it looks.
    Cast off the shoes and follow the gourd!

Quote Originally Posted by Go VT View Post
    31.3 percent from 3...28.6 percent from the FREE throw line. that is pathetic...is that on the players or the coaches? i've always been told that at this point of the season, that is on the players.

i almost wish they would make them shoot granny style no matter how stupid they think it looks.
    Granny style can't look any worse than a player shooting 37% from the free throw line for the season.